TRUGreen- Do Not Use.

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2022, 07:03 AM

Don’t ever use a company that requires you to pay in advance. Huge red flag.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeltry View Post
I have discovered that TruGreen is by far the worse lawn treatment service in The Villages. They don't come out to perform the service but will email you to tell you they treated the lawn. On the last two occasions I was home when they claimed they sprayed my yard but left no invoice or yard signs. The company is a complete rip off. Save your money and do not use this company. The worse part is you have to pay them in advance. They don't have the professional decency to call you back and you can't reach their local work location.
Ehh. Quit whining! You were probably sound asleep when they came and didn't know it. That'll teach you to nap during the day!.....lol
Old 06-22-2022, 07:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I used Chemlawn in Ohio & it was worthless too, I think they watered my lawn. I got a Pea Vine take over, came back & redid my yard & it looked like to me it got worse. So don’t use Chemlawn either. I know some people liked it. I also found other people that had a terrible experience too! I do my own with Scott’s & I have the best looking lawn in our subdivision. But use what works for you!
Old 06-22-2022, 08:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
He now hit us with a 30% raise excuse fuel prices. BALONEY. This is the first time in my life that I did not mow my own lawn. My lawn size. A having done it. Less than a pint of gasoline. TIME TO THINK.
Well, I don't know who this is, but I assumed when I read he raised his prices because of fuel, he meant to run his truck to get to your house (and everyone else's), and not the trivial amount of fuel for the lawnmower. But, could it be.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
They are not as bad as DEANS- had Deans when I was a snow bird and they stopped mowing when I went north - neighbors sent me pics and when I called them and talked with the manager (Joe) he told me they did not want me as a customer - SCAMMERS AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
How odd... When I'm away, I'm alerted when they mow, every two weeks, (just as we contracted), via my front yard camera...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-22-2022, 09:47 AM
Default TrueGreen

They are quite good to me. I've sat in my house and watched them the last 3 times they came, on time as promised. My yard looks great.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:04 AM

Don’t use Fertigator same thing
Old 06-22-2022, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Sorry for you, BUT I have used True Green for a little over three years and none of what you said has occurred to us. They tell us ahead of time that they have scheduled us for a particular date/time, I always see them moving thru our yard with their hose and spraying, they leave a notice of job performed at the door (always) and they leave a little sign of warning on the lawn by the road that shows they have treated the lawn. The only gripe I have is when they perform two treatments at the same time and charge accordingly. They are costly, but I do not know if they are higher than anyone else. My lawn looks great and I often get compliments.

If you have complaints about TG, I would suggest that you complain to them. If you are not satisfied with their treatment, call them and they will send someone out to repeat the treatment without charging you.

When I moved here, the yard was a weed patch and Massey wanted to replace my whole yard with sod. When I talked to TG, they suggested that I have them treat it first and see if it could be restored, before having to re-sod the whole yard. They saved me a big expense and the yard looks great. I cannot speak for you, but my experience with True Green has been positive.
Same here. Dependable. Text me when tech arrives on my property. Text when he is ready to leave. Leaves info on treatment. Invoice comes in the mail. Its all like clock work. Lawn is taken care of and looks no worse than anyone else's.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
How odd... When I'm away, I'm alerted when they mow, every two weeks, (just as we contracted), via my front yard camera...
Especially given how cheap those cameras are nowadays.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:50 PM

We have had TG now for almost a year. They communicate very well and they stick to their schedule. We had issues when we picked them up due to lack of attention by previous service and they literally saved our lawn and shrubs. Lawn looks great and I have confirmed all their visits by my web cams. Cheers!
Old 06-22-2022, 05:25 PM

Actually I think Massey has them beat. They lied to me flat out and then never returned my calls. Still waiting.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellavita View Post
Actually I think Massey has them beat. They lied to me flat out and then never returned my calls. Still waiting.
Their building has a revolving door amazed at their turnover.

Had them for irrigation for a year had 6 different technicians come with 6 different settings on our system.

So much better with one guy who knows what he is doing.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:36 PM

I have had the same great experiences. They treat, I know when they are coming leave info on what was done, come back and retreat gratis if I need them to. Lawn and shrubs and trees all great.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, service, worse, company, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.