TRUGreen- Do Not Use.

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2022, 04:04 PM
Angry TRUGreen- Do Not Use.

I have discovered that TruGreen is by far the worse lawn treatment service in The Villages. They don't come out to perform the service but will email you to tell you they treated the lawn. On the last two occasions I was home when they claimed they sprayed my yard but left no invoice or yard signs. The company is a complete rip off. Save your money and do not use this company. The worse part is you have to pay them in advance. They don't have the professional decency to call you back and you can't reach their local work location.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

I use them at my house in PA, they are very good here.

I USED them at my house in The Villages, note past tense - same experience, yard looked terrible.
It looks better now, and I am putting fertilizer down.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeltry View Post
I have discovered that TruGreen is by far the worse lawn treatment service in The Villages. They don't come out to perform the service but will email you to tell you they treated the lawn. On the last two occasions I was home when they claimed they sprayed my yard but left no invoice or yard signs. The company is a complete rip off. Save your money and do not use this company. The worse part is you have to pay them in advance. They don't have the professional decency to call you back and you can't reach their local work location.
You are correct they su#k
Old 06-21-2022, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

We have used them for the past 15 years here in the villages. Never had to pre-pay. Our lawn looks pretty good.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Have seen some bad stuff with the local guys.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

The problem here in The Villages is an abundance of people that can afford to have it done, and that don't want to do it themselves. So, big companies play the numbers game, how cheap can they get the labor and how many homes per hour can a team do. ****ing off a couple home owners along the way is not important.

After numerous bad experiences with big companies in both lawn care and house cleaning, we have found individuals to do ours. They don't have teams, they make thier living by get paid for work they do. The attitude difference is night and day. We are so happy with both we give them significant tips over what they charge us, because we want them to stay. When was the last time anyone tipped a Trugreen, Massey, Deans, Fertigator employee because they were so happy they didn't want to lose them?

It is NOT easy to find individuals that want to do a good job, most are over booked and struggling whether to grow or not take more customers. Growing is a serious issue and leads inevitably to hiring bean counters which leads to the numbers game.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:25 PM

Dec. 2018, first arrived at T.V., noticed all the Massey trucks darting around T.V. neighborhoods... Massey, must have a good reputation..I was gullible enough to sign up for all the offerings..Inspected my irrigation system, said it would take all day..Rang my door two hours later and presented me a bill for $1,200...Show me what you did for that service, called the head honcho..Head Honcho arrived, could not explain, or show me the work done ..Canceled the contract, and got "some" of my monies back....

Last edited by Villagevip; 06-21-2022 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

My OPINION, These BIG name companies are likely franchises depends how hard the people who issue and collect a franchise fee choose to police to protect the name.

We are paying at the start of the month or actually sat the end of the previous month for the months work. I've heard of companies that expect you to pay for six months-I WOULD NOT.

In nine years, we are not using our forth person. I am not a particular customer. We pay on time. I've never called them back. Stuff like piles of cutting left behind, I just rake them up. As stated we are on our fourth person. They just seem to disappear. One stole a month prepaid from us.

Number four, quality of his work is the worst of all of them. He has been reliable.
He now hit us with a 30% raise excuse fuel prices. BALONEY. This is the first time in my life that I did not mow my own lawn. My lawn size. A having done it. Less than a pint of gasoline. TIME TO THINK.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:

Sorry for you, BUT I have used True Green for a little over three years and none of what you said has occurred to us. They tell us ahead of time that they have scheduled us for a particular date/time, I always see them moving thru our yard with their hose and spraying, they leave a notice of job performed at the door (always) and they leave a little sign of warning on the lawn by the road that shows they have treated the lawn. The only gripe I have is when they perform two treatments at the same time and charge accordingly. They are costly, but I do not know if they are higher than anyone else. My lawn looks great and I often get compliments.

If you have complaints about TG, I would suggest that you complain to them. If you are not satisfied with their treatment, call them and they will send someone out to repeat the treatment without charging you.

When I moved here, the yard was a weed patch and Massey wanted to replace my whole yard with sod. When I talked to TG, they suggested that I have them treat it first and see if it could be restored, before having to re-sod the whole yard. They saved me a big expense and the yard looks great. I cannot speak for you, but my experience with True Green has been positive.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Again and again I tell people this is Florida never ever prepay for anything. Say that three times and keep your credit card in your wallet
Old 06-22-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,649 Times in 1,525 Posts

We used TruGreen a few years back (not in TV). They basically killed large spots in our lawn by overspraying, maybe 30% of the total lawn. We discontinued their services but in the months following received several contacts from the company, assuring us that it had been due to a training issue and that the company had put safeguards in place to assure that it wouldn't happen again. Apparently we were far from the only customers with this issue.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Old 06-22-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
They are not as bad as DEANS- had Deans when I was a snow bird and they stopped mowing when I went north - neighbors sent me pics and when I called them and talked with the manager (Joe) he told me they did not want me as a customer - SCAMMERS AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Old 06-22-2022, 06:45 AM

We've had great service with TruGreen for the the five years we've been here! They always call several days ahead of time and tell us what they are going to be doing and when they will be out. If we notice something is wrong we call and they come out very quickly and treat. Great looking lawn and great service!
Old 06-22-2022, 06:52 AM
Default 1 800 Pest Control

Superior services of Ocala ( 1 800 Pest Control ), the lawn signs with the black background and orange letters , I am happy with. They say they will be on the lawn every month and they are. I see them applying things, but even if I didn't, they leave a tag on the door knob and check off what they did.

We had a brief ant problem and they came right out and dealt with it, at no extra charge.

We did have to sign up for a year in advance but the price was better than Massey and Deans, and thus far they have held up their end of the deal, no regrets.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:58 AM

It seems some people were happy with their service, others were not. My experience with them was unhappy. They sprayed three bushes we had in back yard and within a week they died. They no longer have a contract with us.
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, service, worse, company, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.