Trust but Verify

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2020, 07:03 PM
John41
Default Trust but Verify

Some people think it is wrong to criticize the Morse family, that it’s some kind of conspiracy. Love ‘em or leave ‘em. That can be a very dangerous attitude when it comes to your money and investments.

There was a very successful, respected businessman. For years his company was successful. He did very well for his investors year after year. Donated to charities. People loved him and put their trust in him with their money. Then some people started criticizing him, obviously an organized attempt from a few jealous individuals to discredit their idol. They must be anti capitalist his admirers thought. Then one day an article appears in a newspaper saying their idol might be a false god. The paper was the Wall Street Journal and the businessman was Bernie Madoff. The rest of the story is history. I am not saying the Morse’s are doing anything wrong but when it is my money I am skeptical and not trusting. As Ronald Reagan said “trust but verify”.

I did “verify” and that is why I am skeptical and perhaps even critical of the Morse family at times, but it is based on facts not wishful thinking.

Last edited by John41; 08-25-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Some people think it is wrong to criticize the Morse family, that it’s some kind of conspiracy. Love ‘em or leave ‘em. That can be a very dangerous attitude when it comes to your money and investments.

There was a very successful, respected businessman. For years his company was successful. He did very well for his investors year after year. Donated to charities. People loved him and put their trust in him with their money. Then some people started criticizing him, obviously an organized attempt from a few jealous individuals to discredit their idol. They must be anti capitalist his admirers thought. Then one day an article appears in a newspaper saying their idol might be a false god. The paper was the Wall Street Journal and the businessman was Bernie Madoff. The rest of the story is history. I am not saying the Morse’s are doing anything wrong but when it is my money I am skeptical and not trusting. As Ronald Reagan said “trust but verify”.

I did “verify” and that is why I am skeptical and perhaps even critical of the Morse family, but it is based on facts not wishful thinking.
What specifically are you directing your post to?
Old 08-25-2020, 07:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post

I did “verify” and that is why I am skeptical and perhaps even critical of the Morse family at times, but it is based on facts not wishful thinking.
Just saw this same unbelievable post in another thread. Keep posting it over and over, maybe it'll come true.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Constant complaining and repeating unfounded rumor is not criticizing. It is simply constant complaining and repeating unfounded rumor.

I truly do not understand why someone stays in a situation that makes them unhappy.
Closed Thread

Tags
money, people, idol, year, businessman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.