Tuesday morning update.

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Founder
Default Tuesday morning update.

The migration to the new server provider has begun. We think that this new service is very good. You will see a remarkable difference in the speed, even from what this site was in the past. For you techie types, here is what we have decided to do. In the past, we were on a shared service. That is more than one forum was located on our server. We have decided that even though it is very expensive, we are going to use a "dedicated" server. That means that nobody esle will be in there with us. So, if another site is real busy, ours will not slow down.

Now, here is what you have to do. Be patient. We are going to do the most of the migration work during the night so that TOTV is not down for any length of time. It may take until the end of the week to complete the entire transfer.

We are also going to have to get busy selling lots of ads too because this new service is very expensive (about 5 times more than before). We are really very serious about providing you guys with a quality forum that is easy and fun to use. Please bear with us for a while longer and it will pay dividends.

Best Regards
Jan, Tony and Darrel (Darrel, BTW is doing most of the work on this)

The Villages Florida
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: Tuesday morning update.

Jan, Tony and Darrel ...Thanks so much for all the time and effort you guys put into this site..

:bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Jan, Tony and Darrel,

Thanks for the update, being a network/server administrator I can appreciate what you are going through, I have been there too many times. I just went through 2 weeks of that with firewall problems. Come March I can relax and move to TV. ;D Had a good group in chat last night and the speed wasn't too bad. Keep up the good work. :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Gold member

loved the cartoon,
Thanks for all your efforts.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.