Turning concrete into grass...

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2020, 07:18 AM
Default Turning concrete into grass...

Greetings,
Looking at a CYV and would like to know if anyone has ever replaced some of the concrete with grass.

Thanks,
Bob and Deb
Old 02-25-2020, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,230 Posts

Interesting idea, IMHO, give ARC a call just to get a idea if there are any approval concerns, especially with the area next to your next-door neighbors. The other call I would make would be to home warranty to get the name of the builder, and then ask them if there would be any concerns with your plans.
Good luck with your project.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:09 AM
Gold member

Actually, no, but my 12 year old dog is nearing his expiration date, and once he's gone, I'll probably do the opposite and replace my grass with concrete. Wanna swap? Just kidding, I love my CV, but won't need the grass any more.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:04 PM

Collie1228 why don’t you head down to the nearest animal shelter and get another dog so that when your current furball goes to doggie heaven you won’t have to mess with taking out the grass? You might get lucky and find one that is already housebroken!
Old 02-25-2020, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Interesting idea, IMHO, give ARC a call just to get a idea if there are any approval concerns, especially with the area next to your next-door neighbors. The other call I would make would be to home warranty to get the name of the builder, and then ask them if there would be any concerns with your plans.
Why would the builder be involved in a decision to replace grass with concrete? OP, hopefully someone will weigh in on completing a project like you're looking to accomplish. Not innuendo, or comments relating to pets.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Excellent response. The Architectural Review Committee is run by the CDD of your district, and the members are voted in by the landowners. The builder has nothing to do with this. While the ARC may say you can proceed with your plan, they may have stipulations or limits. It's better to know up front, than have tear it up if it doesn't comply.

It's the smart way to go, and cost's nothing.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

I still reckon water into wine was the best trick!
Old 02-26-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,230 Posts

My comment about checking with the builder was in case there were foundation issues (shared with house) or drainage issues with the removal of the concrete. Just a suggestion to cover all possible issues.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:37 AM

hi I want to turn grass in to stone . went to The Architectural Review Committee . and thay want me to put trees. all want is stone. we live in NH and the grass is hard to take care of. and if you would to du my grass send me a not thank you
Old 02-27-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post

I still reckon water into wine was the best trick!
Funny you should say that. Every time I read the title of this thread, I think of Sigried and Roy and David Copperfield. LOL!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
hi I want to turn grass in to stone . went to The Architectural Review Committee . and thay want me to put trees. all want is stone. we live in NH and the grass is hard to take care of. and if you would to du my grass send me a not thank you
You must include some plantings in your landscape. They will not approve a nothing-but-stone yard. Could be trees, bushes, etc. Many of us have done this.
Closed Thread

Tags
grass, concrete, turning, bob, replaced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.