Turnkey Question

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage

We bought a turnkey as a vacation/rental. We haven't changed anything since we only come down for short visits, anywhere from a long weekend to 9 days (i.e., a work week book-ended by weekends). We already had renters lined up for snowbird season starting less than two months after closing. It was great to not have to hurriedly set up house.

We looked at many turnkeys that we did not buy because we would have wanted too change too much. The one we bought was lovely.

Since we plan to buy a bigger place when we become frogs, and will have more than enough furniture, linens, kitchenware, televisions, etc. to bring, we will probably sell our current TV vacation/rental home turnkey, much as we bought it.

If we had to do it again, we would definitely do it the same way. This has worked out perfectly for our needs.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
I don't have an issue because of age since my wife is over 55. The stipulation is that one of the owners on the title has to be 55 or over.

My wife considers me a "Cabana Boy".
Well best of luck to you and Mrs. Cabana Boy as you pursue your future in TV!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

Can I ask the names of some reputable realtors that were used to find turn key homes for sale? Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Well we just got back from closing, our turnkey CYV was all we hoped it would be. It is very scary driving 16hours to close on a property you have never seen. Our realtor checked it out for us and did a walk thru video w her IPhone so we could see it as she saw it. She could also tell us if had any obvious problems or bad smells which was very important to us. We worked w her for almost 5years so she really new what we liked and wanted. We could not be any happier with our purchase. We never thought we would never purchase a property site unseen, never say never.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Well we just got back from closing, our turnkey CYV was all we hoped it would be. It is very scary driving 16hours to close on a property you have never seen. Our realtor checked it out for us and did a walk thru video w her IPhone so we could see it as she saw it. She could also tell us if had any obvious problems or bad smells which was very important to us. We worked w her for almost 5years so she really new what we liked and wanted. We could not be any happier with our purchase. We never thought we would never purchase a property site unseen, never say never.
TednRobin, Congratulations on your closing! Great that you found a realtor you put so much faith in. Did you use a TV sales agent or an MLS realtor? I've looked online at a lot of homes for sale in TV. Most of the turnkey homes have nicer furniture than what I have now (decorating is not my forte). I would definitely consider buying turnkey to keep the moving costs down and to cut down on the "settling in" tlme.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Default Turn Key

Hi, guys, I've got a turn-key courtyard villa for sale. This has confirmed all my thoughts about what I'm planning. It was good to read this post. If you've got any friends looking for a CYV, I've got to sell quick....new job starting around 7/4. Tell them to PM me.

WV, VA, and lots of little sidetrips along the way to The Villages!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Default Turnkey

Now that we have spent time in our cyv, we are very glad we had the furnishings removed. Had we realized the low grade appliances that were there...not to mention the curtain rods...we would have asked for all of those to be taken out as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Cockcroft View Post
The cyv which we purchased and closed on a couple of weeks ago had all the furniture, curtains, etc. We asked to have them removed as we wanted to pick our own things. The package would have been an extra $12,000..they charged us $500 to remove it all...but we are still money ahead. We feel we bought better quality for $3,000 less.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.