TV #2 Top Selling MP community

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default TV #2 Top Selling MP community

As a follow up to the growth article in today’s Daily Sun news article, I have enclosed the link to show who’s #1 and others in the RCLCO Real Estate Advisors ranking.

RCLCO Advisory: Top-Selling Master-Planned Communities: Mid-Year Update 2017
Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As a follow up to the growth article in today’s Daily Sun news article, I have enclosed the link to show who’s #1 and others in the RCLCO Real Estate Advisors ranking.

RCLCO Advisory: Top-Selling Master-Planned Communities: Mid-Year Update 2017
Apples and oranges. Completely different type of development.

Irvine Ranch | Good Planning

The 93,000-acre Irvine Ranch stretches nine miles along the Pacific coast, 22 miles inland and encompasses more than one-fifth of Orange County’s total 798 square miles. Within its boundaries lie the city of Irvine and parts of Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Tustin, Orange and Anaheim, plus unincorporated county land and small portions of Santa Ana and Costa Mesa
Old 08-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Irvine Ranch lies within Orange County, CA which naturally contains some less desirable areas which factor into the median price. The newer Irvine Ranch developments are quite pricey IMHO, which place them well above the OC median price point of $934,250. Median new-home price in Orange County hits record $934,250 – Orange County Register

As an aside, wealthy Chinese are purchasing new Irvine condominiums in droves, some individuals buying 5 or 6 at a time. They appear anxious to get their money out of Yen and park it in hard assets in the good old USA.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-21-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And Irvine Ranch sales are 99% resales. It has been built out for years. The only new homes are the occasional empty lot or the destroy and rebuild. The Villages 973 has to be only resale and does not include new.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:08 PM

The Villages is considered a Master Planned RETIREMENT community whereas Irvine is for upper crust professionals and their families. Irvine is extremely expensive and attracts the successful and wealthy. It is concrete, buildings and traffic everywhere. I'm not sure Irvine even has a golf course?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And Irvine Ranch sales are 99% resales. It has been built out for years. The only new homes are the occasional empty lot or the destroy and rebuild. The Villages 973 has to be only resale and does not include new.
I believe these figures are for the sales of new homes. From the article in the link, it reads "including a comparison with their 2016 mid-year new home sales".
Old 08-22-2017, 04:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I believe these figures are for the sales of new homes. From the article in the link, it reads "including a comparison with their 2016 mid-year new home sales".
Than the numbers that Lyle Gant posts are wrong. Because his numbers are significantly higher than those of that article. Also the numbers provided by the Villages at the Wednesday meeting are higher.

Somehow the article and numbers provided by those sources are different. Maybe looking at apples vs oranges or something. You would think they would be a lot closer as the data has to be out there accurate someplace. Could they only be looking at Sumter county?
Old 08-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We all look at the same thing and come away with entirely different views. I lived in what was written in similar surveys and publications as the best city in America for a number of years. My friends inform me with an air of chagrin that this is no longer the case.

Perhaps it never was true? Perhaps if something is repeated enough times it becomes true? Perhaps this city became a victim of its own notoriety? For many of us just being alive anywhere makes anywhere #1 in its ranking, and in that TV ranks in 1st place

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Platinum member

I can’t justify the numbers other than stating that it was in the Villages Daily Sun so it must be true.

Being second in growth doesn’t necessarily correlate to what mater planned community is the best.

The RCLCO editors must not have received the information on recent Village land purchases as they stated “The Villages, which is nearing build-out”.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Coincidentally ,the fastest growing and quickest disappearing large development in the US sprung up on the Irvine Ranch in 1953. Overnight the empty cattle grazing area became a city of over 50,00 young people -almost all under 19 yrs old males. Less than two weeks later the site was complete vacant again.

I know this for a fact as I was one of the Scouts attending the 1953 National Jamboree
Old 08-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Yawn

I love it here. What do I care if we're the number one community in sales or the number 200 community in sales? Or if those are new home sales or resales?

Why does anyone except possibly the Morse family care about this?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Coincidentally ,the fastest growing and quickest disappearing large development in the US sprung up on the Irvine Ranch in 1953. Overnight the empty cattle grazing area became a city of over 50,00 young people -almost all under 19 yrs old males. Less than two weeks later the site was complete vacant again.

I know this for a fact as I was one of the Scouts attending the 1953 National Jamboree
Afterwhich the powers that were named a thoroughfare Jamboree!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

Here is a link to another interesting 2016 RCLCO special report on master-planned communities for those interested in the subject.

http://www.rclco.com/pub/doc/RCLCO-S...NAL-V2-web.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
article, who’s, show, enclosed, link

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.