Tv antenna stations available?

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2021, 09:05 AM
Default Tv antenna stations available?

I gave up on cable tv long ago so when I watch tv I switched to an antenna where I live outside of Florida. I get something like 200 stations here in my city. When I am in TV, are there multiple stations you can receive?
Otherwise I’ll just watch tv from the web…Roku/appletv.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

If you are lucky, there are about 65 channels out of Orlando, several are spanish, several are religious. You will need a long range (80 miles minimum) antenna pointed in the correct location and you may need an amplifier if the antenna is not an amplified type. In my location I can get stations out of Ocala (less than 10), but cannot get Orlando with any reliability.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:57 AM
Sage

I don’t know where you are in The Villages but I receive about 50 channels from Orlando. I am between 466a and 44a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisport View Post
I gave up on cable tv long ago so when I watch tv I switched to an antenna where I live outside of Florida. I get something like 200 stations here in my city. When I am in TV, are there multiple stations you can receive?
Old 08-28-2021, 12:13 PM

Locast.org gets you all the Orlando stations for $5.50 a month
Old 08-28-2021, 02:45 PM

I’m in the new home area. I like the Locast.org suggestion. Thanks for the antenna notes also.
Old 08-28-2021, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

The channels you get over the air change both over time and with the weather. We recently had our signal amplifier fried by a nearby lighting strike. When I replaced the amplifier, I ran the auto setup function on our TV to recalibrate the channel tuning. To my surprise we got several stations we never got before and other channels that had a weak signal were dropped.
Old 08-28-2021, 03:44 PM

Locast.org is being sued by the big networks so enjoy it while you can.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Where is your antenna mounted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you are lucky, there are about 65 channels out of Orlando, several are spanish, several are religious. You will need a long range (80 miles minimum) antenna pointed in the correct location and you may need an amplifier if the antenna is not an amplified type. In my location I can get stations out of Ocala (less than 10), but cannot get Orlando with any reliability.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
I live in the center of The Villages. I bought on Amazon last year one of those supposedly amazing things that you attach to a window and they pick up lots of local stations. I don’t watch TV news at all, but I was having a guest who wanted to. On a window facing due East, it let me pick up several dozen stations, but they were religious stations, shopping channels, or Spanish channels. No ABC, NBC, CBS, or PBS. I tried a North window and. West window and got no clear channels at all. I tried a different brand. Same result. Just in case you wondered about those gadgets.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Not with outside antenna , cable or dish ,or streaming.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:41 AM
Default here's what you do not know about locust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
Locast.org is being sued by the big networks so enjoy it while you can.
Locast is supported by some large cable providers . Cable companies are fed up with the broadcasters crazy price increases and quietly are rooting for the success of Locast .
Old 08-29-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Outside digital antenna on a pole 20 feet high. Antenna from Amazon: <$50; 2 poles from Lowes: <$25. Aim the antenna between 112 and 115 degrees on the compass.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Outside digital antenna on a pole 20 feet high. Antenna from Amazon: <$50; 2 poles from Lowes: <$25. Aim the antenna between 112 and 115 degrees on the compass.
Just make sure you ground your antenna. You can fry your TV tuner from static electricity buildup if you don't.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
The first yr. I lived in TV I put a regular antenna in my attic & got 50 channels, enough that I always found something to watch. I also don’t live in TV anymore but my cable service is FREE also internet service, but that’s not my point. An antenna in your attic pointed toward Orlando will get you some TV stations. But some people put antenna’s on the outside of their house even though TV says your not aloud to!
Old 08-29-2021, 08:32 AM
Default You are incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
The first yr. I lived in TV I put a regular antenna in my attic & got 50 channels, enough that I always found something to watch. I also don’t live in TV anymore but my cable service is FREE also internet service, but that’s not my point. An antenna in your attic pointed toward Orlando will get you some TV stations. But some people put antenna’s on the outside of their house even though TV says your not aloud to!
You are allowed. FCC overrules the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
stations, watch, antenna, city, multiple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.