Is it TV or the county that

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Veteran member
Default Is it TV or the county that

has an aversion to right turn lanes?
There are numerous places (El Camino turning right onto Enrique, 441 turning right into ANY place in TV, 466 and Morse) where there is more than plenty of space to add a right turn lane. Instead, we sit in backed up traffic waiting for a light to turn green so that we can make our way up to the right turn. It can't be the aesthetics because there are right turn lanes in a few places, and even if it was, I'd rather make my turn than sit looking at flowers.
I just don't understand it. I waited through 2 lights yesterday trying to make a right turn. Very frustrating.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

All of these roads are county roads, so IMHO you should be contacting the county. You can call the sumter county commissioners (in Pinellas Plaza) and they can take your concerns to the proper department.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If cars could turn right easily, carts would never get to cross the street unless some misguided foo re person stopped to let them cross. Sometimes a right turn is deliberately omitted, even today.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
If cars could turn right easily, carts would never get to cross the street unless some misguided foo re person stopped to let them cross. Sometimes a right turn is deliberately omitted, even today.
Good point! I did not think about lots of other locations where we have the gates for golf cart crossings.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Default Right turn lane

How about Boone Gate on 441? Those turning right, or north, cannot if there is a car going to Morse.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
There are no carts on 441, or any of the locations I mentioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, make, turning, sit, places

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.