TV population 101600

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Gold member

Their number will be wrong very soon, we are finally under contract here and moving down in July!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
I got a chance to count them one by one and there are 101,600. They were all at the Colony Plaza Publix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Hey wait i shop at sweetbay so you didn't count me so 101,601
101.602 counting me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Gold member

Still growing, with what has been estimated 30% + or - additional residents during peak season. Unfortunately all of the great planning done to accomodate the increasing population did not happen until development started south of CR 466. North of CR 466 some of the roads and golf cart lanes that were built earlier were done without the growth estimates that have now become reality. The Village Hospital is one example of poor planning, Morse Blvd north of CR 466 is another example. Long waits in ER and for a room, daily traffic jams, golf carts, walkers, bicyclists all sharing the same single lane road. Many must cross all traffic lanes to get to mail stops and cart paths to travel to new areas. Roads are patched and not re-surfaced. IMO, Morse Blvd North should either be widened or through traffic should not be permitted. I believe the developer has learned to plan better for the future but fixing things that were not planned well enough in the past usually becomes other's responsibility.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:18 PM

Just wondering. What the population would be if all of the snowbirds became permanent residence.

Has the build out changed from 100,000 to 110,000?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Still growing, with what has been estimated 30% + or - additional residents during peak season. Unfortunately all of the great planning done to accomodate the increasing population did not happen until development started south of CR 466. North of CR 466 some of the roads and golf cart lanes that were built earlier were done without the growth estimates that have now become reality. The Village Hospital is one example of poor planning, Morse Blvd north of CR 466 is another example. Long waits in ER and for a room, daily traffic jams, golf carts, walkers, bicyclists all sharing the same single lane road. Many must cross all traffic lanes to get to mail stops and cart paths to travel to new areas. Roads are patched and not re-surfaced. IMO, Morse Blvd North should either be widened or through traffic should not be permitted. I believe the developer has learned to plan better for the future but fixing things that were not planned well enough in the past usually becomes other's responsibility.

The traffic on North Morse Blvd would be less of a problem if there were more goods and services south of CR466; ie another hospital, churches, grocery stores, Lowes, Home Depot, bowling alleys, Target, etc etc.

Remember back in 2001 or 2002 when The Villages got totally shut down by the courts and was not allowed to build anything south of 466 because of a lack of water in that area? That was before there was a single structure south of 466. Look at it now. Where did the water come from?
Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default You were ther also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
I got a chance to count them one by one and there are 101,600. They were all at the Colony Plaza Publix.

You were there also? I did not see you.
You must have been lost in the crowd.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=janmcn;643249]The traffic on North Morse Blvd would be less of a problem if there were more goods and services south of CR466; ie another hospital, churches, grocery stores, Lowes, Home Depot, bowling alleys, Target, etc etc

Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 PM

The concrete pad isn't poured yet for the home and on the day I leaving for Ohio wouldn't you know I have a medical emergency and had to visit the ER at the hospital. I was informed that it was a 5-6 hour wait. This is totally unacceptable for any hospital and, now we hear the population is over 100k!
IMO seniors visit there more than younger people so, apples to oranges I would say we need another hospital probably on 466a or 44. When I questioned this I was told they were going to add on to the hospital....adding room does nothing to relieve the wait time in er as many patients are discharged without needing a bed. Failing to plan ahead is planning to fail!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Sage

Apparently, the current population of The Villages is not as large as was reported a few days ago by many news outlets. Today's Daily Sun has this correction:
Quote:
A headline on page A1 of the March 16 edition of the Daily Sun stated a population figure for The Villages that also included surrounding communities in Sumter County. The Villages Metropolitan Statistical Area, a new Census Bureau classification, has topped the 100,000 population mark for the first time.
OOPS!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Apparently, the current population of The Villages is not as large as was reported a few days ago by many news outlets. Today's Daily Sun has this correction:
OOPS!
Please splain.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please splain.
In the "Corrections" area on page 3 today they state that the previous figure included areas surrounding The Villages in Sumter County, and called it The Villages Metropolitan Statistical Area"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.