TV Radio - Official Alternative to WVLG?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage

Default TV Radio - Official Alternative to WVLG?

I was just wondering if anybody else would like to listen to an officially sponsored TV radio station, but one that would play an alternative music selection. Mix a bunch of styles, including some current and top 40 type stuff.

I like WVLG, but I simply don't want to listen to oldies from "our" era all the time. I love the music from our generation as much as the next person. But I also like to listen to a variety of music from various genres and generations. And I think an official Villages station could pull it off without losing overall listeners, possibly even gaining some.

Anybody else out there feel this way?

Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM

If they really wanted an audience they'd do a talk show.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Sage

One official Villages station is enough, regardless of the mix of music that is played.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM

I listen to 92.3 fm - country western - ocala, gainesville etc - listen to village station during breakfast only
Old 09-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Gold member

With all of this and more: Pandora (free), Spotify (free or $Sub, Apple Music (free trial or free if you have Verizon or $$), Amazon Music (free with Prime as well as a free version), Google Music (free and $sub), pirating (free) ... lots of options to create your own "station" with every single song or genre you could ever wish for and generally no advertising. That's probably why they don't bother due to the required costs and expenses of another commercial radio station. Then when you are ready for weather reports or (happy) news you can jump back to WVLJ or real news you can go back to the same place all the music comes from. "Radio" is going the way of the 8 Track, cassette, and now DVD but like books made of paper there are always plenty of people to listen or read so they hang on .... for now until the majority our gen starts pushing up daisies.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage

I listen to WVLG (102.7) when working out in the garage. When walking in the mornings or driving in the car/cart, I listen to Sirius/XM's Classic Vinyl or Ozzy's Boneyard.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I listen to WVLG (102.7) when working out in the garage. When walking in the mornings or driving in the car/cart, I listen to Sirius/XM's Classic Vinyl or Ozzy's Boneyard.
What no Metallica? That's just great. I thought I was the only one. I like all music but blame my hearing loss on so many concerts at Madison Square Garden. Almost all of them were Hard Rock!

Our Villages Station is great the way it is for me.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I was just wondering if anybody else would like to listen to an officially sponsored TV radio station, but one that would play an alternative music selection. Mix a bunch of styles, including some current and top 40 type stuff.

I like WVLG, but I simply don't want to listen to oldies from "our" era all the time. I love the music from our generation as much as the next person. But I also like to listen to a variety of music from various genres and generations. And I think an official Villages station could pull it off without losing overall listeners, possibly even gaining some.

Anybody else out there feel this way?
If you look at past threads on WVLG you’ll find people complaining that they are shifting to exactly what you say you are looking for.

The past couple of years they started playing newer music.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
If they really wanted an audience they'd do a talk show.
Call in talk show : )
Old 09-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage

In my car I have XM/Sirius since 2012, $150 a year and you have a 100 choices commericial free. In the back yard I listen to Sunny 105.9 Orlando, 80's hits pop/rock or WJRR 101.1 hard rock/metal Orlando. In the garage I listen to WIND 95.5 classic rock Ocala/Gainesville or WMMO 98.9 classic rock Orlando.

Sunny 105.9

WJRR 101.1

WIND 95.5

WMMO 98.9

Tags
listen, music, alternative, official, radio