TV Radio - Official Alternative to WVLG?

TV Radio - Official Alternative to WVLG?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage

Lots of good music/radio info here.

I also have my own music sources. I use mostly Prime Music Unlimited and iHeartRadio. My op was mainly driven by those times when I'm a "captive audience", like at the swimming pools. It would be nice to have some variety at those times.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

A call in talk show would likely go over in The Villages. A lot of Villagers like to hear themselves talk.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
A call in talk show would likely go over in The Villages. A lot of Villagers like to hear themselves talk.

Yes. I think it would turn very negative, very quickly.

DJ's would have to have their finger on the mute button.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
In my car I have XM/Sirius since 2012, $150 a year and you have a 100 choices commericial free. In the back yard I listen to Sunny 105.9 Orlando, 80's hits pop/rock or WJRR 101.1 hard rock/metal Orlando. In the garage I listen to WIND 95.5 classic rock Ocala/Gainesville or WMMO 98.9 classic rock Orlando.

Sunny 105.9

WJRR 101.1

WIND 95.5

WMMO 98.9

You may not have noticed but you can now listen to (stream) with the XM/Sirius app on your smartphone even without the FULL package. They just added app listening to all the packages. It used to be only for the "all access" package. Now it's for all.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What no Metallica? That's just great. I thought I was the only one. I like all music but blame my hearing loss on so many concerts at Madison Square Garden. Almost all of them were Hard Rock!

Our Villages Station is great the way it is for me.
Oops! Overlooked Metallica, a awesome band. Led Zeppelin was playing the other day and I made the comment to my wife that there aren’t any bands like this anymore.

I like WVLG the way it is also.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Lots of good music/radio info here.

I also have my own music sources. I use mostly Prime Music Unlimited and iHeartRadio. My op was mainly driven by those times when I'm a "captive audience", like at the swimming pools. It would be nice to have some variety at those times.
There are only a few pools that broadcast music. However, I an in agreement with you. It seems the radio station is up to about 1972. I would like a little more recent, and something with an edge such as Allman Bros, Pink Floyd, Clapton, Dire Straits, Tom Petty. I think you get the idea.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
...I would like a little more recent, and something with an edge such as Allman Bros, Pink Floyd, Clapton, Dire Straits, Tom Petty. I think you get the idea.
Wow. I thought for a second I wrote this post and just forgot about it somehow. To say our music tastes are similar is an understatement.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
There are only a few pools that broadcast music. However, I an in agreement with you. It seems the radio station is up to about 1972. I would like a little more recent, and something with an edge such as Allman Bros, Pink Floyd, Clapton, Dire Straits, Tom Petty. I think you get the idea.
I am listening to the 80's at 8 on WVLG. So for at least one hour each day, the station is getting into music of the 1980's. But's it's a pretty middle of the road play list. I would enjoy hearing Eric Clapton and Tom Petty.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:46 PM

I would like to hear a lot more variety such as album cuts that weren't top 40 hits. Also some folk music from the 60's and some lesser known music. All hits all the time is a bore.

Tags
listen, music, alternative, official, radio