TV Wannabes meet TV Regulars

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Veteran member
Default TV Wannabes meet TV Regulars

What a treat -- as TV Wannabes -- to meet TV Regulars Gracie & Henry, in a recent dining and golfing experience near Cincinnati, OH...where these wannabes currently live, and where these TV regulars are for the 2009 summer months.

It all started when I was viewing the TOTV a couple of months ago, and saw where Gracie & Henry said they'd be back in Cincinnati for a short while this summer. "Well," I said to myself, "Why not give them a call to see if they'd meet us for lunch on a Saturday afternoon so they could tell us ALL about living at The Villages." Kathy and I "eat, drink and sleep" the idea of retiring to The Villages in a few short years.

So I sent a TOTV private msg. to Gracie, and within a week we set up a luncheon meeting in a nearby Cincinnati restaurant on a Saturday afternoon.
On that Saturday, it was so special for Kathy and me to finally meet up with Gracie, Henry and their daughter. Kathy and I must have asked them a gazillion questions about the TV lifestyle. I am a former journalist, so I'm not shy about asking questions <g>. The time with them went by too fast.

Gracie should win the "TV Ambassador of the Year" award (if one existed). She is so kind, caring and positive about...living and enjoying life...and doing both at The Villages! Henry is the perfect husband and sidekick to Gracie's attitude about enjoying life...at The Villages.

Well, the luncheon wasn't enough. So I called Gracie several days later to ask if she and Henry would join us for a "Nine & Dine" experience at a nearby golf course. We did that 2 days ago...9 holes of golfing at Cincinnati's Kings Island, followed by dining at the golf course patio dining facility. Kathy and I were so relaxed golfing (championship course) with Gracie and Henry, that I birdied one Par 4 hole (that doesn't happen very often for me), and Kathy chipped in a 30-footer on the Par 5, tough Signature hole!

Dining followed --- and again --- more TV questions from Kathy and me. Lots of laughter, and we agreed our next meeting would be at the nearby River Downs horse race track. Dining, horse betting (small bets!), and more laughter are on our agenda for that day.

To Gracie & Henry, thank you SO MUCH for your warmth and upbeat attitude about living a positive lifestyle. Start saving your "pocket change" for a day at the track, and more laughter <g>.

Kindest regards,
Gene & Kathy
(who have vacationed 3 times at TV,
and hope to come back again this fall)
Old 05-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Dancing Thyme

Gene & Kathy, that's what its like all the time here in TV. Everyone is so warm and welcoming and happy to meet newbies. You were very lucky to have met the sweetest couple of them all, Gracie and Sweetie and Helene, they are so friendly and giving and they just love to talk about TV.

Come back again real soon and we'll set up a meet and greet for you guys so you can meet some of the other regulars. Yep, this place is the best and the people are the bestest!!!

Kath The Villages Florida

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default This is the best time of our lives!

Thank you so much for your kind words Kathie, Gene and Kathy.

What fun it is to extend your world and heart to include new friendships.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgene View Post
What a treat -- as TV Wannabes -- to meet TV Regulars Gracie & Henry, in a recent dining and golfing experience near Cincinnati, OH...where these wannabes currently live, and where these TV regulars are for the 2009 summer months.

It all started when I was viewing the TOTV a couple of months ago, and saw where Gracie & Henry said they'd be back in Cincinnati for a short while this summer. "Well," I said to myself, "Why not give them a call to see if they'd meet us for lunch on a Saturday afternoon so they could tell us ALL about living at The Villages." Kathy and I "eat, drink and sleep" the idea of retiring to The Villages in a few short years.

So I sent a TOTV private msg. to Gracie, and within a week we set up a luncheon meeting in a nearby Cincinnati restaurant on a Saturday afternoon.
On that Saturday, it was so special for Kathy and me to finally meet up with Gracie, Henry and their daughter. Kathy and I must have asked them a gazillion questions about the TV lifestyle. I am a former journalist, so I'm not shy about asking questions <g>. The time with them went by too fast.

Gracie should win the "TV Ambassador of the Year" award (if one existed). She is so kind, caring and positive about...living and enjoying life...and doing both at The Villages! Henry is the perfect husband and sidekick to Gracie's attitude about enjoying life...at The Villages.

Well, the luncheon wasn't enough. So I called Gracie several days later to ask if she and Henry would join us for a "Nine & Dine" experience at a nearby golf course. We did that 2 days ago...9 holes of golfing at Cincinnati's Kings Island, followed by dining at the golf course patio dining facility. Kathy and I were so relaxed golfing (championship course) with Gracie and Henry, that I birdied one Par 4 hole (that doesn't happen very often for me), and Kathy chipped in a 30-footer on the Par 5, tough Signature hole!

Dining followed --- and again --- more TV questions from Kathy and me. Lots of laughter, and we agreed our next meeting would be at the nearby River Downs horse race track. Dining, horse betting (small bets!), and more laughter are on our agenda for that day.

To Gracie & Henry, thank you SO MUCH for your warmth and upbeat attitude about living a positive lifestyle. Start saving your "pocket change" for a day at the track, and more laughter <g>.

Kindest regards,
Gene & Kathy
(who have vacationed 3 times at TV,
and hope to come back again this fall)
Gene,

I am not surprised by Gracie's generosity. She dropped off cookies to us when we moved in! She should get the Villages ambassador award for sure!

Maybe Tony and TH will start a TOTV ambassador award?????

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.