TV Water hardness

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Default TV Water hardness

We will be closing Aug 10th, and are trying to get things lined up... utilities, lawn care, cable, phone, etc.

- and a Water Softener System - but only if required.

Has anyone had their water tested for mineral content: iron, Calcium, Magnesium, etc.?

I would appreciate any advice given - and if a water softener is recommended, what recommendations you would have for brand or type
after conducting your research, or based upon your experience with your system: Salt-based, reverse osmosis, nano-tech., etc.

HELP!! (AND Thank You!)

Ken
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: TV Water hardness

Hey Ken Mac,

I asked about the same thing on July 23rd. Go up to the top of the page and click on Search. Then type in WATER SOFTENER. 2 Friends that live in Sable Chase both suggested the softeners. Currently have it in our northern home and will probably get one in TV. One friend had a Kinetico installed and said it was $2100. On the other hand I had a Sears for less than half that price. Not sure of the hardness in TV but I'm sure someone will enlighten us.

Steve
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member

Doubt if I can enlighten you but I had a water softener in NJ for about 20 years and like the feel of the water when taking a shower and the reduced expense in soap products. When I first got here we did not have one and I did not like the feel of the water when showering (rough instead of silky smooth) so I went out and purchased a water softener that uses Potassium Cloride instead of softener salt. That was supposed to reduce my salt intake but I have my doubts. The bad of PC is still the same as the bag of salt pellets.

I am happy with it. I can't give you the seller since he quit the area.

Bill

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Before you invest in water conditioning equipment, I suggest you try a Brita Filter on your kitchen sink. I am VERY picky about my morning coffee and this filter works like a charm! We used to have a water softener in our home up North and I hate the thought of hauling bags of salt not to mention the expense and breakdown of that equipment. The filters are available at Target and easily install on your faucet. You can always give it a try for awhile and change your mind later!

Good Luck with your relocation!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks to all who replied - I am taking all of your suggestions into consideration. Will let you know what we do.

Ken
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't think the water is hard in TV. Like seacruiser we use a brita filter, however we use the one that is also a pitcher which we keep in the fridge that way we always have a supply of cold water for drinking.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.