Two showings tomorow...

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

The second showing happened yesterday afternoon between 3:45 and 4:45. Everything was bright and clean. We even wrote a short, one page note to tell the potential buyer about the history of the development and what it was like to live in the neighbothood.

The lovely Diane and I treated ourselves to dinner at our favorite restaurant while our home was being viewed by the potential buyer.

It is almost the start of the business day and we are anxiously awaiting word of an offer or a rejection.

Exciting times, these. Exciting times...

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
The second showing happened yesterday afternoon between 3:45 and 4:45. Everything was bright and clean. We even wrote a short, one page note to tell the potential buyer about the history of the development and what it was like to live in the neighbothood.

The lovely Diane and I treated ourselves to dinner at our favorite restaurant while our home was being viewed by the potential buyer.

It is almost the start of the business day and we are anxiously awaiting word of an offer or a rejection.

We are pulling for you. I like the idea of cinnamon in the oven - I had read about that somewhere once, but never remembered to do it.

With a gracious nod to another Mainer, I wouldn't use any commercial scent for two reasons. The first is that folks may think you are covering up something - the second is that I am allergic and would be out of the house very quickly.

K and J
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:

Dirigo:

A second showing should mean the buyer is very interested in making an offer. You are doing everything right and I think you will receive an offer.

Hopefully, it's an acceptable. Best wishes on selling and moving to paradise.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
One at 9:15am and one at 3pm !

Two in one day? In this market? In Maine? Wow!

This will be our second and third showings. All three showings are within the last week! We've been on the market since April 20th. Must be the nice weather we've finally started having here in Maine.

Kind thoughts directed to the northeast tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!

Dirigo
Best of luck! I agree with an earlier statement in that if someone comes back a second time, that is a very good sign. The buyers that made an offer on our house did so on their second visit. All you need is one offer and lets hope it happens soon.

Selling property is so tiring - both physically and mentally. We expect to go to P&S by Monday and then it's worrying about the bank appraisal. I'm starting to think I won't believe this sale has happened until I find myself in TV smoking a celebratory cigar.....or two!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
Best of luck! I agree with an earlier statement in that if someone comes back a second time, that is a very good sign. The buyers that made an offer on our house did so on their second visit. All you need is one offer and lets hope it happens soon.

Selling property is so tiring - both physically and mentally. We expect to go to P&S by Monday and then it's worrying about the bank appraisal. I'm starting to think I won't believe this sale has happened until I find myself in TV smoking a celebratory cigar.....or two!
I had someone who came a second time that would make an offer pending if the condo asscocation had FHA approval process in order. They did not.

I had a second potential offer contingent upon my being able to buy a storage area from another unit owner. Condo association shot me down again.

This is getting difficult.

I will have a drink with anyone if sell my condo. Just tell where and when!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Veteran member
Default No sale...<sigh>

Heard back from the Realtor on the second showing.

The wife wanted the house, but the husband didn't. Seems they had "loud words" in our house in front of the Realtor about it. Guess we'll see who wears the pants in that family

The second party that looked at the house last week said they wanted it but they had to sell theirs first, well, their house went on the market today but it is horribly overpriced for today's market...but they have made no offer as yet.

So...we have no contract, but we have had some interest!

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis

Last edited by Dirigo; 06-15-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I had someone who came a second time that would make an offer pending if the condo asscocation had FHA approval process in order. They did not.

I had a second potential offer contingent upon my being able to buy a storage area from another unit owner. Condo association shot me down again.

This is getting difficult.

I will have a drink with anyone if sell my condo. Just tell where and when!!!

2BNTV, We can have a virtual drink when you sell you condo! Cheers in advance.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:

The wife wanted the house, but the husband didn't. Seems they had "loud words" in our house in front of the Realtor about it. Guess we'll see who wears the pants in that family

The second party that looked at the house last week said they wanted it but they had to sell theirs first, well, their house went on the market today but it is horribly overpriced for today's market...but they have made no offer as yet.

Wow! I hope she runs the show...

The good news here is that 2/3 of your showings have yielded interested buyers. In Maine you are likely to not have a huge volume of showings, but your hit rate is awesome! I'll bet you wish you were that successful when fishing!

k
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I left a pitcher of sweating iced tea and glasses on the screen porch. One of my second showings stayed for two hours and drank the iced tea.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I left a pitcher of sweating iced tea and glasses on the screen porch. One of my second showings stayed for two hours and drank the iced tea.
I'm praying for you Gracie!! Hope you will do the same for us when we put our home on the market next year!!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Keep thinking good thoughts! It took us almost a year to finally sell our house. Hope it doesn't take you that long. Good luck!

Kathy

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
I'm praying for you Gracie!! Hope you will do the same for us when we put our home on the market next year!!
You know I will.

Can't tell what is happenin'....yet. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...Say one for us...Friday is inspection.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:

dirigo:

I hope the argument turns out like the joke.

A man says he always has the last words to an argument with his wife.

Another man says, "oh really".

The man replies the words are "yes dear".

Best wishes on getting an offer. You seem to be close.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for posting this. Staying two hours is a great sign.

I feel an offer for you is about to happen soon.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
You know I will.

Can't tell what is happenin'....yet. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...Say one for us...Friday is inspection.
Fingers and toes crossed for you Gracie !

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.