Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Two showings tomorow... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/two-showings-tomorow-39306/)

Dirigo 06-14-2011 07:57 AM

The second showing happened yesterday afternoon between 3:45 and 4:45. Everything was bright and clean. We even wrote a short, one page note to tell the potential buyer about the history of the development and what it was like to live in the neighbothood.

The lovely Diane and I treated ourselves to dinner at our favorite restaurant while our home was being viewed by the potential buyer.

It is almost the start of the business day and we are anxiously awaiting word of an offer or a rejection.

Exciting times, these. Exciting times...

katezbox 06-14-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 362356)
The second showing happened yesterday afternoon between 3:45 and 4:45. Everything was bright and clean. We even wrote a short, one page note to tell the potential buyer about the history of the development and what it was like to live in the neighbothood.

The lovely Diane and I treated ourselves to dinner at our favorite restaurant while our home was being viewed by the potential buyer.

It is almost the start of the business day and we are anxiously awaiting word of an offer or a rejection.

We are pulling for you. I like the idea of cinnamon in the oven - I had read about that somewhere once, but never remembered to do it.

With a gracious nod to another Mainer, I wouldn't use any commercial scent for two reasons. The first is that folks may think you are covering up something - the second is that I am allergic and would be out of the house very quickly.

K and J

2BNTV 06-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 362356)

Dirigo:

A second showing should mean the buyer is very interested in making an offer. You are doing everything right and I think you will receive an offer.

Hopefully, it's an acceptable. Best wishes on selling and moving to paradise.

:)

natickdan 06-14-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 360779)
One at 9:15am and one at 3pm !

Two in one day? In this market? In Maine? Wow!

This will be our second and third showings. All three showings are within the last week! We've been on the market since April 20th. Must be the nice weather we've finally started having here in Maine.

Kind thoughts directed to the northeast tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!

Dirigo

Best of luck! I agree with an earlier statement in that if someone comes back a second time, that is a very good sign. The buyers that made an offer on our house did so on their second visit. All you need is one offer and lets hope it happens soon.

Selling property is so tiring - both physically and mentally. We expect to go to P&S by Monday and then it's worrying about the bank appraisal. I'm starting to think I won't believe this sale has happened until I find myself in TV smoking a celebratory cigar.....or two!

2BNTV 06-14-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 362446)
Best of luck! I agree with an earlier statement in that if someone comes back a second time, that is a very good sign. The buyers that made an offer on our house did so on their second visit. All you need is one offer and lets hope it happens soon.

Selling property is so tiring - both physically and mentally. We expect to go to P&S by Monday and then it's worrying about the bank appraisal. I'm starting to think I won't believe this sale has happened until I find myself in TV smoking a celebratory cigar.....or two!

I had someone who came a second time that would make an offer pending if the condo asscocation had FHA approval process in order. They did not. :(

I had a second potential offer contingent upon my being able to buy a storage area from another unit owner. Condo association shot me down again. :cryin2:

This is getting difficult. :sigh::shrug:

I will have a drink with anyone if sell my condo. Just tell where and when!!!

:beer3::beer3:

Dirigo 06-14-2011 07:20 PM

No sale...<sigh>

Heard back from the Realtor on the second showing.

The wife wanted the house, but the husband didn't. Seems they had "loud words" in our house in front of the Realtor about it. Guess we'll see who wears the pants in that family:undecided:

The second party that looked at the house last week said they wanted it but they had to sell theirs first, well, their house went on the market today but it is horribly overpriced for today's market...but they have made no offer as yet.

So...we have no contract, but we have had some interest!

Schaumburger 06-14-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 362452)
I had someone who came a second time that would make an offer pending if the condo asscocation had FHA approval process in order. They did not. :(

I had a second potential offer contingent upon my being able to buy a storage area from another unit owner. Condo association shot me down again. :cryin2:

This is getting difficult. :sigh::shrug:

I will have a drink with anyone if sell my condo. Just tell where and when!!!

:beer3::beer3:

2BNTV, We can have a virtual drink when you sell you condo! Cheers in advance.

katezbox 06-15-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 362499)

The wife wanted the house, but the husband didn't. Seems they had "loud words" in our house in front of the Realtor about it. Guess we'll see who wears the pants in that family:undecided:

The second party that looked at the house last week said they wanted it but they had to sell theirs first, well, their house went on the market today but it is horribly overpriced for today's market...but they have made no offer as yet.

Wow! I hope she runs the show...

The good news here is that 2/3 of your showings have yielded interested buyers. In Maine you are likely to not have a huge volume of showings, but your hit rate is awesome! I'll bet you wish you were that successful when fishing!

k

graciegirl 06-15-2011 09:13 AM

I left a pitcher of sweating iced tea and glasses on the screen porch. One of my second showings stayed for two hours and drank the iced tea.

BaylorBear 06-15-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 362623)
I left a pitcher of sweating iced tea and glasses on the screen porch. One of my second showings stayed for two hours and drank the iced tea.

I'm praying for you Gracie!! Hope you will do the same for us when we put our home on the market next year!!:wave:

kathyzapp 06-15-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Keep thinking good thoughts! It took us almost a year to finally sell our house. Hope it doesn't take you that long. Good luck!

Kathy

graciegirl 06-15-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorBear (Post 362627)
I'm praying for you Gracie!! Hope you will do the same for us when we put our home on the market next year!!:wave:

You know I will.

Can't tell what is happenin'....yet. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...Say one for us...Friday is inspection.

2BNTV 06-15-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

dirigo:

I hope the argument turns out like the joke.

A man says he always has the last words to an argument with his wife.

Another man says, "oh really".

The man replies the words are "yes dear". :)

Best wishes on getting an offer. You seem to be close.

2BNTV 06-15-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 362623)

Thanks for posting this. Staying two hours is a great sign.

I feel an offer for you is about to happen soon.

Dirigo 06-15-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 362631)
You know I will.

Can't tell what is happenin'....yet. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...Say one for us...Friday is inspection.

Fingers and toes crossed for you Gracie !