U.S. Post Office Box

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

If you get a post office box in one of the local post offices you will not be allowed to put a sticker on your box. Sorry - only in TV "Ding Dong School"
Old 06-22-2019, 09:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
If you get a post office box in one of the local post offices you will not be allowed to put a sticker on your box. Sorry - only in TV "Ding Dong School"

That's the only way I can find my box.

My sticker says, "Over here old man."
Old 06-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

You can get a mailbox at a UPS Store. I don't know of any in the center of The Villages but there is one in Pinellas Plaza on 466A and another on Bella Cruze near Spanish Springs.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Sage

I like going to the Wildwood post office better than Fruitland Park. It's much easier to park and the traffic isn't as bad around it. Any post office box is going to have a different zip code than The Villages south of SR 44 (I think).
Old 06-22-2019, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
You can get a mailbox at a UPS Store. I don't know of any in the center of The Villages but there is one in Pinellas Plaza on 466A and another on Bella Cruze near Spanish Springs.
Just a warning if anyone does this. Mail cannot be forwarded by the USPS FROM a The UPS Store (or any PMB location) to your "permanent" actual mailing address as the box is not a legal address. Having run a The UPS Store for 3+ years I can state that as a fact. The only option is to have the store gather and mail it to you or hold for pickup for which there is usually a charge. There are many advantages to a PMB but that is one disadvantage for transient users.

[PMB = Private Mail Box]
Old 06-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Greetings-

Getting situated in our new home at Marsh Bend. Which U.S. Postal Office somewhat near the southern-end of The Villages would you suggest for me to have my mail forwarded ?
Thanks
I picked up what you were laying down and made a pretty good assumption that The Morse Family Usually pays attention to small details so not having a Mail Station like the entire Villages does before you move in would be calculated by most to be close to impossible. They are a Fine Family. Most Families would strive to be as nice as them in many ways.

//////////

Last edited by Nucky; 06-22-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: CHANGED MY MIND
Old 06-24-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Hello-

Thanks for the replies--

I apologize for the confusion, but for clarity, I am inquiring about renting a "public" Unites States Postal Mail Box near to the geographic center of The Villages and "separate" from the neighborhood mail center.
By utilizing a U.S. Post Office Box, I am attempting to separate my professional business mail from my social mail that would be mailed directly to the neighborhood mail center.

Thanks
...did the same to split my business stuff from personal. The USPS office is a little out of the way BUT they have a UPS/FEDEX address of 850 Teague Trail in Lady Lake behind the Police station. My box is big enough that I can let it fill for a month and it doesn't get overfilled or stuff returned and THE BEST thing is you can get the USPS to "email" you these "Informed Delivery Daily Digests" which lets me know when a package is delivered along with each and every piece of mail (looking for something important....not a problem).

Love the fact that "snail mail" is notified of delivery by "email". HAH!
Closed Thread

Tags
office, u.s, southern-end, suggest, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.