Uber share

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Default Uber share

It's not real economical to uber from Orlando airport by yourself, but it sure would be if you could coordinate with other travelers.....plus it would be much faster than the shuttle services. However, I am not aware of any website that coordinates travelers going to the same destination. Any suggestions how this might be done? I'm looking to travel from Orlando airport to the Villages on Nov 7th around 12:30 - 1:30. I'd be open to finding 2 other people and sharing the cost. I live in Chatham.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Having never used UBER, this would depend on if the cost is independent on the number of riders, or if it is on a per person rate, I assume you have checked this out.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:07 PM
Veteran member

You can take the Workman Transportation shuttle (runs every hour during the day) from Orlando airport to Sumter Landing for $35 if you book it online. For an extra $15 they will take you to your house. The shuttles/buses are very comfortable and reliable. You just get your luggage from baggage claim and take the elevator down one level. If you arrive early you can take an earlier bus, if available. Overall, much easier than trying to coordinate with strangers to take an Uber.

kathy
Old 10-08-2021, 02:16 PM

I have a number for a UBER driver that does airport runs for $50 on the side. Door to Door.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I as well have never used Uber or anything like it anywhere. I would take a taxi or shuttle before going into someone’s car.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
You can take the Workman Transportation shuttle (runs every hour during the day) from Orlando airport to Sumter Landing for $35 if you book it online. For an extra $15 they will take you to your house. The shuttles/buses are very comfortable and reliable. You just get your luggage from baggage claim and take the elevator down one level. If you arrive early you can take an earlier bus, if available. Overall, much easier than trying to coordinate with strangers to take an Uber.

kathy
My main issue is the amount of time. Groome drives me door to door for $33, but since I live in the northern most end of the Villages, I get picked up first going to the airport and dropped off last. I'm dealing with a 2+ hour trip every time.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:26 AM
Default Have a Phone #, need a ride to airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
I have a number for a UBER driver that does airport runs for $50 on the side. Door to Door.
Interested Have Phone #

Mark
Old 10-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG1719 View Post
My main issue is the amount of time. Groome drives me door to door for $33, but since I live in the northern most end of the Villages, I get picked up first going to the airport and dropped off last. I'm dealing with a 2+ hour trip every time.
The few times I took Workman everyone got on/off at Sumter or Brownwood. Nobody was dropped off at their house. It isn't like those little airport vans in big cities where everyone is picked up and dropped off at home. Plus, there are usually only a few people on each bus. Just FYI.

k.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

This would seem to be a difficult task with the constant airport delays. You could arrange people but their plane could be delayed
Old 10-23-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
The few times I took Workman everyone got on/off at Sumter or Brownwood. Nobody was dropped off at their house. It isn't like those little airport vans in big cities where everyone is picked up and dropped off at home. Plus, there are usually only a few people on each bus. Just FYI.

k.
For the extra $15 you get off the big bus into a smaller taxi to taker you to your house.

Tags
airport, uber, travelers, orlando, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.