UBER in TV $$$$

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Default UBER in TV $$$$

Just checked a 3 mile uber ride in TV... $16.50
That is crazy w out surge must be the most expensive uber anywhere.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

UuuuuBBeRRR, Don't GO there............
Old 08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Gold member

Supply & Demand. No where as many Uber Drivers in TV as in city locations so Uber charges more as fewer transportation options are presented here. Supply and Demand.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We used uber and lyft recently while at the Indianapolis race, our hotel was around 10 miles away, the one way trip (4 of them) were all around $20 for 2 passengers. I do not use taxis much, but I do recall seeing a minimum fee and then a per mile rate. Depending on the minimum fee your cost may be valid, and since someone had to drive to your location, transport you, and then drive home, it seems very reasonable.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Just checked a 3 mile uber ride in TV... $16.50
That is crazy w out surge must be the most expensive uber anywhere.
Just a thought. I wonder where that Uber driver who would pick you up is coming from to get you and how far is it to his next fare? These are factors in setting the rate for your fare. Like it or lump it when the wheels are turning someone is paying for it and it surely should not be the driver. They are just trying to make a living not just perform busywork.

Instead of me saying it again tell me why there are not many Uber or Lyft drivers in our area?
Old 08-21-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Just a thought. I wonder where that Uber driver who would pick you up is coming from to get you and how far is it to his next fare? These are factors in setting the rate for your fare. Like it or lump it when the wheels are turning someone is paying for it and it surely should not be the driver. They are just trying to make a living not just perform busywork.

Instead of me saying it again tell me why there are not many Uber or Lyft drivers in our area?
Uber Rates Ocala, FL
Old 08-22-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:

Old 08-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Village Airport Van has a Taxi service. $4.00 first mile plus $2.00 per mile. Appears to be much cheaper.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:20 PM

There is definitely a need for more transportation services in TV. The Villages taxi no longer runs except to transport passengers to the shuttle pick-up in Sumter Square or Spanish Springs or Brownwood(?)(not sure about). The TV taxi service was unable to make money picking up regular fares so they stopped their service. The TV taxi service refers callers to A1 Taxi. Why doesn't TV use their trolleys up and down Buena Vista and Morse? They could come up with a schedule. There are about a dozen idle trolley cars just sitting in the Sumter Sales parking lot.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:

As a Uber/Lyft driver we do not know where the customer is going until we arrive at the pick-up location. We also don't know where the next pick-up is at as there may not be any requests for quite a period of time.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
As a Uber/Lyft driver we do not know where the customer is going until we arrive at the pick-up location. We also don't know where the next pick-up is at as there may not be any requests for quite a period of time.
How is the new business treating you money wise since you're the one putting in the time behind the wheel.
Closed Thread

Tags
uber, surge, expensive, crazy, checked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.