Uber in TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
With all due respect, I have read all of these posts and I have the following comment based upon many, many UBER rides in the U.S. and abroad: I estimate that the majority of posters here have never had an UBER ride. Try it once, and then report back.
So true. We have used Uber when traveling and it is amazing.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have used UBER in places like Tampa Fl,, Sacramento Ca, and Virginia Beach VA...every experience was top notch and very reasonable. Cars were always relatively new clean and in good shape and drivers were always courteous. Never ran into a "tipping" issue with a sign posted in the car and the price quoted was the price paid.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
With all due respect, I have read all of these posts and I have the following comment based upon many, many UBER rides in the U.S. and abroad: I estimate that the majority of posters here have never had an UBER ride. Try it once, and then report back.
With all due respect, I personally HAVE taken more than several Uber rides. My daughter also drives for them up north. If you are not tipping, you are WRONG!!! Just do an internet search and you will find that Uber is backing up on their "tip is included" company line. Uber is so much better than a taxi, not only are the prices better, but so is the service. If you think the wonderful service that the drivers provide does not deserve a tip, well, then, you are being inconsiderate. Uber is also very misleading on their prices. The pricing break down is a booking fee, a base fee, and then a per mile and per minute charge; nowhere in this breakdown is there an allowance for a driver "tip". The drivers do not get any share of the booking fee, and the base fee and per mile/per minute charges are usually very minimum. If you take a ride that is around $14, by the breakdown, uber gets around 5.25 and the driver around 8.75. If a driver can do 2 of these trips an hour, that seems like a very nice wage. However, that $17.50 is BEFORE the driver takes out for their income tax, fica tax (they must pay both ends because they are an independent contractor,) gas, costs to keep their vehicle clean, additional mileage, wear and tear on the car, plus other consumables such as brakes, tires and fluids; their wage is now about $9-11 per hour. Still, not a bad wage, however, tips are a nice way to show that they are appreciated and their service is great.

Last edited by Lindaketchup; 01-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

I don’t understand the no-tipping thing. Personally I don’t care if the company says tipping is strictly prohibited, I’m still tipping. I take Uber often. I took them last week in Honolulu. I asked the driver how it was working out for her. She said on a good day she averages $8/hr. net and on a bad day she averages $5/hr net. Ladies and gentlemen, please tip.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
I don’t understand the no-tipping thing. Personally I don’t care if the company says tipping is strictly prohibited, I’m still tipping. I take Uber often. I took them last week in Honolulu. I asked the driver how it was working out for her. She said on a good day she averages $8/hr. net and on a bad day she averages $5/hr net.

Ladies and gentlemen, please tip.
It's simply what decent people do.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Default u b e r in tv

in the not-too-distant future, i will be needing someone to drive from TV to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for a cruise, which apparently no one else goes to via bus between May and October....

how could i find out what that cost would be?

many thanks,

sonja
Old 01-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Am I wrong or does $25.62 seem high from my Home near Brownwood to Spanish Springs (1 way) ?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Am I wrong or does $25.62 seem high from my Home near Brownwood to Spanish Springs (1 way) ?
From Whelling to downtown Chicago (35 minutes) uber was $18
Old 01-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Sage

$25.62 does seem high for a trip that should take under 30 minutes. Does that include the tip? Two round trips a week and you're in to some big money.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
From Whelling to downtown Chicago (35 minutes) uber was $18
Rates are different in every market. Can't compare Chicago to here. The Villages is in Ocala's market which is higher than Chicago's market. Chicago has some of the lowest Uber rates in the country, as does Orlando.
Closed Thread

Tags
uber, utilized, comment, showing, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.