Uh-oh. Bears in the Village of Bradford.

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2020, 06:03 AM
Default Bears

Glad you posted this. On two occasions In the past week, I’ve observed the same thing where I walk our dog. (on Horizon Run near the swamp in Pennecamp). Too large to be a dog and full of seeds. I don’t know if it was bear poop, but whatever it came from, I would prefer it was not in our neighborhood.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Jerry Seinfeld monologue basis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Don’t see the humor in it since I have hunted bear before and do know what it looks like. One of these days I’ll learn to quit posting fyi’s for the public.
let's review the digital social media scenario upon which we are reading

anonymous names, mostly elderly posters living inside a bubble, where misinformation / mistakes / different points of view become some people's reality and creates posts of 500 pages of
with trolls and posters who have doctorate degrees from google, and come to get participation trophy names for a number of posts as the digital coffeehouse to chat in the time of a 100 year event

and an anonymous poster announces a random low probability event of poop gets politely asked about credentials since all posters are now on high alert for posters posting poop

could be the start of a modern day seinfeld monologue/ show. . .

Note: this post is written to laugh at ourselves that TOTV is really the modern day pandemic coffee house where everyone is invited to chat, only a few know the others in real life, and just like the rest of the world, we can't tell who is full of crap from the anonymous name, and like cheers, no one knows your name

and that's why i come here to see what's happening down at adult summer camp while i wait to join and actually work at play

sportsguy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 10-09-2020 at 06:11 AM. Reason: looking for the pile of poo emoji
Old 10-09-2020, 06:10 AM

Were there blueberries and bells in the poop?
Old 10-09-2020, 06:15 AM

I know what it look like. I lived in bear country in northern Minnesota. We had around 200 bears roaming around.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:27 AM

Hopefully your not serious. If indeed bear your new home is probably in their territory. Them first. You second.
Near wildlife preserve I would expect many types of wildlife large and small.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I come from NJ and we have plenty of bears. People behave poorly, endangering them. Do not put out food or garbage cans. DO NOT RUN! They are faster than you! Swing your arms up, making yourself large and make a lot of noise. They should run away. They are beautiful animals and killing one would be a shame. They are only hungry and looking for some easy food.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:36 AM

great use of emojis. and accurate analysis of this thread (can't find the poop emoji either)
Old 10-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was installing sprinkler donuts In the yard of our new home in Bradford and saw a pile of bear poop in the backyard that wasn’t there yesterday; it’s an eerie feeling when you see that in your yard.

I take our fur babies out at night before we go to bed; I will be going out armed from now on.
Thanks for the heads up! I know we have otters, bobcats etc still here, just over the new bridge. When our house was built 3 years ago, there were wild pigs here too. Did not think much about bears. But will be careful now.

Hope you love your new home. Bradford looks really well situated
Old 10-09-2020, 06:57 AM

apparently, he knows his s__t
Old 10-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The more natural resources removed for development, the fewer places local animals have to call "home." They have to go somewhere. If you take their back yard for your lanai and birdcage, don't expect them to have gone far.

Also - if it's a Florida Black Bear, reconsider walking your dog armed to protect against it. First of all - it lives on an 80% vegetarian diet. It's not all that interested in meat. Second, and more importantly, it is protected by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. It is illegal to kill them.

If you come across a bear, either be completely still, or make a LOT of loud clanging obnoxious noise to scare it away. Take that big AR-15 of yours and bang it against the sidewalk, instead of shooting it. It'll get the bear to leave you alone, and it'll keep you out of jail.
Florida black bears may have an 80% vegetarian diet, but one viciously attacked a teenage girl near where I lived before moving to The Villages.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Don’t see the humor in it since I have hunted bear before and do know what it looks like.

I’ve had big dogs before; these turds were too big to come out of a dogs butt.

One of these days I’ll learn to quit posting fyi’s for the public.
My NJ house is in NW NJ, the area of the state with the highest density of black bear population. We see bears all the time. I also am quite familiar with bear poo.

We had a bear try to come through the kitchen window in 2007 but my wife ran it off before he got all the way in.

We see them frequently and most of the time they are just passing through. The occasional NBE(Near bear encounter) with a 400+ pounder will raise your heart rate a bit, but mostly just don't freak out and run. Five city kids were hiking nearby back in 2014, they ran, the bear killed one of them.

I have cameras up on the house, here's a video of a pretty big one back in July.

Big Bear tonight. - YouTube

Last edited by Malsua; 10-09-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

This is much better than another dog poop thread even though it is in the same family. Post a picture of the pile so the scatologists here can do a detailed analysis. May be a panther or Bigfoot.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:19 AM
Platinum member

I saw some Bears poop on Tom Brady last night.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I love that last sentence!!!
Old 10-09-2020, 07:35 AM

I thought they only ------t in the woods
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, bradford, uh-oh, babies, fur

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.