unauthorized removal of recycling material

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Default unauthorized removal of recycling material

Has anyone seen a car going around early in the AM. This morning I heard a lot of bottles being rattled, and that is what was happening
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
Has anyone seen a car going around early in the AM. This morning I heard a lot of bottles being rattled, and that is what was happening
Lot of bottles are thrown into recycling, some may be refundable? I wonder if the County makes money from refunds on bottles? I hate to see anything discarded if it can be recycled.

Perhaps some enterprising Wrinklie has started an early morning business.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Happens all the time. I honestly don't care who gets the recycling so long as it is recycled. If someone is enterprising enough to be willing to sort through the trash (and, hopefully, re-recycle what they can't use), then more power to 'em.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Happens all the time. I honestly don't care who gets the recycling so long as it is recycled. If someone is enterprising enough to be willing to sort through the trash (and, hopefully, re-recycle what they can't use), then more power to 'em.
Yup Red, I agree. I can remember in my Army days walking along the roads picking up bottles for the deposit. In those days G.I.s didn't make a whole lot of money, especially early on before you had any rank.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:43 PM

My ex and I had a weekend home in Ensenada, Mexico, and we used to take our motorhome down there every six weeks or so to do some deep-sea fishing. Coming home one weekend, the US border crossing guard looked long and hard at my ex (who was -probably still is - Hispanic) in his grubby fishing attire and asked how he could possibly afford that motorhome. Ex took great offense but kept his cool - and told him that we pick up cans on the side of the highway. I laughed all the way back to LA, imagining a bunch of border crossing guards quitting their jobs to pick up cans for a living
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.