Unbelievable - AAC vote on Hacienda

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Sadly, it appears from the other news source that it was threatened by the developers. I’ve noticed that news source has been pretty careful to not libel themselves but that’s only my opinion. This is not the community people bought into but such is life. Peace out.
I attended the meeting. I could not see who was doing the talking because I was in the back of the room, but they could have been a bit more diplomatic. They made it sound like it was “my way or the highway”. People in attendance started yelling blackmail. I think this is where the other news source got their “threatened by the developers”.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Naa!
Just showing who's the boss in this town.
My ball. my game, my rules!
Allow me to add.
My Ballpark, My Concession Stand, My County Commissioner Umpires.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,795 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I attended the meeting. I could not see who was doing the talking because I was in the back of the room, but they could have been a bit more diplomatic. They made it sound like it was “my way or the highway”. People in attendance started yelling blackmail. I think this is where the other news source got their “threatened by the developers”.
Yeah, I guess a threat is a threat too. Some people will be fine with sharing limited amenities and pay the freight. Others will be upset, we all have varying opinions but in the end no control over what happens. Life is short now, people should choose what makes them happy and enjoy their remaining days.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Naa!
Just showing who's the boss in this town.
My ball. my game, my rules!
The Villages is not a town. It is a business development that sits inside several towns and counties. The developer is the only one who made a business investment in this entity. I'd even bet a majority of the people bitching about it never ONCE went to the old dump they just leveled. For too many, it's just something else to kill time complaining about.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
The Villages is not a town. It is a business development that sits inside several towns and counties. The developer is the only one who made a business investment in this entity. I'd even bet a majority of the people bitching about it never ONCE went to the old dump they just leveled. For too many, it's just something else to kill time complaining about.
I didn't have the opportunity. The restaurant had already closed down by the time we moved in.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I didn't have the opportunity. The restaurant had already closed down by the time we moved in.
So you're not missing it, then.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Well said.

No one is kept here against their will. Change is a constant in life. You can only control your own actions, never those of others. Empty land will one day be filled. -- Just some of the life lessons that some folks seem to have forgotten.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
I think many went to 'the old dump,' unfortunately, most of the people I saw there, sat all night with a lemon and water.
Maybe if they had charged for such a drink, 'the old dump' would still be open.
Maybe you were one of the regular patrons?
And you are correct in saying TV is not a town, it's nearly approaching City status!
Old 08-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,074 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The AAC DIDNOT vote for apartments. They voted on an amenity fee sharing plan. The decision to build apartments was the developer’s and developer’s only.

We can debate if the amenity fee sharing was a good idea or deal, but at least debate the facts.
The AAC by default voted on building the apartments, because without amenity privileges it would be very difficult to rent out the apartments so they would most likely not have been built. That is why the developer threatened (or should I say bullied) the AAC members into approving the apartments, or they would build something even less desirable.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I think many went to 'the old dump,' unfortunately, most of the people I saw there, sat all night with a lemon and water.
Maybe if they had charged for such a drink, 'the old dump' would still be open.
Maybe you were one of the regular patrons?
And you are correct in saying TV is not a town, it's nearly approaching City status!
Never went there, never wanted to.

If they "charged for such a drink" the freeloaders wouldn't go.

And no, it is NOT almost a city.

Back to regular programming.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Yeah, I guess a threat is a threat too. Some people will be fine with sharing limited amenities and pay the freight. Others will be upset, we all have varying opinions but in the end no control over what happens. Life is short now, people should choose what makes them happy and enjoy their remaining days.
Enjoying amenities that are not overcrowded is one of the things that makes (or should I say made) me happy.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Under utilized amenities could result in higher fees.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

From the article

The Developer had previously offered the Hacienda Hills site to the AAC for purchase at full market value. The AAC, under pressure from residents to pass on the offer, failed to make a deal with the Developer and the offer was taken off the table.

Looks like a put up or shut up deal to me. If you want to control what happens with a property you need to own it.

I think that 7 acre property is not currently zoned for multifamily units so that may be a battle, but I am pretty sure developer will get what they want.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So your saying the Developer owns the members of the AAC?
Yes
Old 08-12-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
From the article

The Developer had previously offered the Hacienda Hills site to the AAC for purchase at full market value. The AAC, under pressure from residents to pass on the offer, failed to make a deal with the Developer and the offer was taken off the table.

Looks like a put up or shut up deal to me. If you want to control what happens with a property you need to own it.

I think that 7 acre property is not currently zoned for multifamily units so that may be a battle, but I am pretty sure developer will get what they want.
Of course they will get what they want. They control local government. So much for a system of checks and balances.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hacienda, hills, parking, garage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.