Unbelievable! Cars didn't stop for ambulance.

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

That is life in the villages... Never get involved ... just call someone...I saw a man go down (one of the country clubs), I was about 30 feet away. Not one person rendered assistance, it took me about 20 seconds to get to him to help to do what I could. Everyone just stood there -- yes maybe they were not trained but could have a least tried. I am retired and was a emt and no longer responsible to help--- I will no longer do anything, except do that the rest of the people --- When in rome do as .... Sorry
Old 11-29-2019, 08:28 AM

Auto accident.. people need fines for running through accidents.. squads etc
Old 11-29-2019, 08:29 AM

Auto accident. Read the paper.. illegal left turn and car was hit by northbound traffic..
Old 11-29-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Lights and sirens on.
I don't know why I was shocked to see people didn't understand what you were saying. Must be the same type that don't know they are required to yield.

Kind of like the "MOVE OVER LAW" too. Slow down and move over..... what's the hurry? This applies to Emergency Vehicles, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Tow trucks with their yellow lights flashing, and even Community Watch Vehicles with their emergency lights on while helping residents and the public.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:55 AM

Unless the ambulance had its flashing lights and siren on and was attempting to go around stopped cars to get to a emergency or the hospital, it is required to follow the same traffic laws other cars follow. Which means it has to stop at a red light and the cars with green light may go forward as they normally would.
Boogie Shooter the part we don't understand is that you left out that important information. you cannot judge something if half the information is missing
Old 11-29-2019, 12:12 PM

The solution to this type of situation and others like it is to install a system that many localities have which allows emergency vehicles to change their red traffic signal to green while approaching the intersection. The system enhances the safety of the emergency staff and provides faster response. Unfortunately, our leadership still operates with a small town mentality.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:28 PM

Let me put it this way. I am not old enough to live in the villages. My hearing is just fine. I drive a convertible car and have had the top down and had the radio on at a normal volume. I did not heard the sirens until they were right on me. even the fire trucks. I cant imagine if I had the top up and windows rolled up and radio on and hard of hearing. I am sure I would have been one of those guilty people of not getting out of the way. Maybe they should invest in a train horn instead of a bicycle siren.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Ambulance had red light, cross traffic had green and did not stop. What’s so hard to understand?
Did you forget who you are dealing with here?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelstore2 View Post
Let me put it this way. I am not old enough to live in the villages. My hearing is just fine. I drive a convertible car and have had the top down and had the radio on at a normal volume. I did not heard the sirens until they were right on me. even the fire trucks. I cant imagine if I had the top up and windows rolled up and radio on and hard of hearing. I am sure I would have been one of those guilty people of not getting out of the way. Maybe they should invest in a train horn instead of a bicycle siren.
Really? Typical of the generation not old enough to live here..... blame the emergency equipment. Try getting a REAR VIEW Mirror! Here's some instructions on how to use them:

Check your rearview mirror on a regular basis. Even if you are just driving straight ahead on an open highway, it's important to know what is going on behind you. This means you should be looking at your rearview mirror every 5-8 seconds.
This will keep your understanding of the traffic conditions behind you up to date.
It will also allow you to keep track of cars that are passing you, and even cars that are acting sporadically or dangerously behind you.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Did you forget who you are dealing with here?
Yes, thanks for reminding me.

Tags
ambulance, cars, unbelievable, green, vista

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.