Uncontrolled pet owners

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Default Uncontrolled pet owners

I do not blame the pets, I blame the owners of the pets for what I would call total ignorance of other peoples private property. Do they not realize how much it costs to maintain a nice lawn here in the villages???

I saw a man yesterday on O'Dell Circle with his dog on a leash and the dog was pooping on some poor home owner's yard which abuts O'Dell Circle. He wasn't even watching, he was texting. Oh and by the way he did not have any poop bag with him as well.

If I see someone with a dog on my lawn, they hear about it and not in a very nice way either. I have a brand new lawn and have spent a ton of money to get in in the shape it is and no one is going to let their dog run, pee or poop on my lawn.

I love dogs have had dogs in the past. I am not a dog hater, what I am is a do -owner hater who allows their dog to deficate on others lawns!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Sage

Your post kind of reminds me of one time before I moved to The Villages. I was in my living room and saw a man with a dog in my yard. The dog took a dump in the yard and the man and dog started to leave. I hurried outside and told him to clean up the dog poop. He looked at me like I was crazy and replied that he did not see any signs in my yard about not allowing dogs to poop in my yard. I gave him a plastic bag and had him clean it up - and take the bag home with him.

Takes all kinds of people, doesn't it?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Here we go again......popcorn Bill?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Sage

While thinking "here we go again...another steaming pile of dog poop comments" I have to say that it is utterly amazing how inconsiderate and disrespectful so many have become in this society.

Part of it is decades of the Me..Me..Me..All MINE mentality, and part of it is dog owners who consider the dog as having equal status with human beings.....who, if their toddler son or daughter pulled off his or her poopy diaper and left it in your driveway, probably would not pick that up either. I have seen too many parents who regard picking up after their own kids' messes as beneath their level of dignity...or "self esteem". Very snotty behavior that is becoming more and more commonplace.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Sage
Default Pick up after your dog

Couldn't agree more, ilovetv.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Very snotty behavior that is becoming more and more commonplace
I find the behavior of folks who start up threads like this one (when they KNOW that it starts up nasty comments and upsets everyone) to be troublemakers. ALL dog owners know that picking up dog poop is mandatory if your dog leaves your property. The ones that abuse this rule are no different than other inconsiderate people who litter....unfortunately, it will happen no matter how many mean comments come of this thread. Just deal with it and realize that it's only a very small percentage of inconsiderate dog owners that behave in this manner. Don't be so mean and put down ALL dog owners..most would NEVER even dream of leaving behind a dog mess.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Here we go again......popcorn Bill?
On it, Bogie - thanks man!

.......passin' it on down.......

Bill
Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Sage

Thanks Bill!!! I always love a good poop thread!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Sage

I don't think this thread is meant to upset anyone. I think it's just a reminder for all pet owners to act responsibly. It is aggravating for a pet to poop on your lawn, especially if it isn't your pet. If I could share a story.....where I lived, I had a 6 car driveway. I only own 2 cars so there was lots of extra room. Our neighbor kids, bless their hearts, found our driveway to be a play ground. They would ride their bikes in our driveway even though we asked them not to. I bought a brand new Toyota 4 runner, and one day I looked out my window and what did I see??? The kids riding their bikes around my new vehicle. The kids were only 6 years old. I went out to ask them not to ride in my driveway and looked around my car to make sure it was ok. To my dismay, I found an 8 inch scratch from a bike handle down the side of the driver's door. We were friendly with our neighbors and didn't want to rock the neighborly boat, so we sucked it up and paid for the door to get fixed....$1,000 later. So, there's a reason people don't want their space to be infringed upon. Thankfully, most people are pretty responsible with their pets.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I don't think this thread is meant to upset anyone.
I'm not just upset, just wish someone would do a search for "dog poop" before starting another thread. Maybe if they read through those threads they would realize the subject has been addressed here over and over and over again. Probably the people who own the dogs that are pooping on your yards have never heard of TOTV so mentioning it here is not going to get a lot of attention. Call your local animal control and see if there is anything illegal being done here. If not you may be DSOL due to inconsiderate neighbors.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:33 PM

I know dog owners know to clean up after their dog(s) however . . . how does my yard fit into the picture? Why not keep you dog(s) in your yard until all buiness is done and then go for a walk. MY yard should NOT enter into your walk. It's MY yard!

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
I'm not just upset, just wish someone would do a search for "dog poop" before starting another thread. Maybe if they read through those threads they would realize the subject has been addressed here over and over and over again. Probably the people who own the dogs that are pooping on your yards have never heard of TOTV so mentioning it here is not going to get a lot of attention. Call your local animal control and see if there is anything illegal being done here. If not you may be DSOL due to inconsiderate neighbors.
nice people won't let there dog do it in your yard and other people don't care. you can tell them a million times and they don't care.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkendrigan View Post
I do not blame the pets, I blame the owners of the pets for what I would call total ignorance of other peoples private property. Do they not realize how much it costs to maintain a nice lawn here in the villages???

I saw a man yesterday on O'Dell Circle with his dog on a leash and the dog was pooping on some poor home owner's yard which abuts O'Dell Circle. He wasn't even watching, he was texting. Oh and by the way he did not have any poop bag with him as well.

If I see someone with a dog on my lawn, they hear about it and not in a very nice way either. I have a brand new lawn and have spent a ton of money to get in in the shape it is and no one is going to let their dog run, pee or poop on my lawn.

I love dogs have had dogs in the past. I am not a dog hater, what I am is a do -owner hater who allows their dog to deficate on others lawns!
I don't want to belabor the point and continue the "dog poop diaries," but I would like to offer a different perspective.

Before I do, I would like to point out that I have seen my share of irresponsible dog owners, you very well might have observed such a person.

BUT,

How did you know that the alleged perp wasn't in his own yard? I keep my dog on a leash even in my own yard--for someone just passing through it might look like I was being irresponsible, when in fact I was following TV rules by keeping my pet on a leash (even in my own yard).

How did you know the alleged perp didn't have a bag in his pocket? when I take my dog to dog park I keep a supply of baggies in my pocket--it might appear that I was being irresponsible, when in fact I have the materials readily available to clean up my dog's mess.

Sometimes when passing through (either driving or walking), appearences can be deceiving.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Sage

This is probably a mute point because the poopatrators aren't even reading this thread!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Just love these "poop" threads..........Bill and Bogey save me some of the "butter corn".......
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.