Crazy Golf Course Rules

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Gold member
Cool Crazy Golf Course Rules

I just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top. I met some friends at a executive golf course, one of the couples had their 12 year old grandson along. The young man had a guest pass and planned to spend an hour or two in the recreation center while the grandparents played golf.. The rec center monitor informed them the grandson would have to be 19 to use the rec center facilities. Now the grandparents had a problem, grandson was not permitted in the rec center, and could not ride along in the grandparents golf cart as a spectatorbecause three persons to a cart isn't permitted. It gets more goofy now, If the grandparents were in separate carts, the grandson could ride along as a spectator with one of them but WOULD HAVE TO PAY A $4.00 TRAIL FEE. Why should a non playing family member have to pay a trail fee to ride along with a grandparent in the grandparent's cart?????? A trail fee for doing what ????????
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Sage

First, there are many places in and outside TV that do not allow unaccompanied minors to use their facilities. There are liability concerns as well as their staff isn't supposed to be baby sitters.

I suspect the trail fee is designed to discourage people who would claim to be spectators, but would begin to play as soon as out of sight of the starter.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top. I met some friends at a executive golf course, one of the couples had their 12 year old grandson along. The young man had a guest pass and planned to spend an hour or two in the recreation center while the grandparents played golf.. The rec center monitor informed them the grandson would have to be 19 to use the rec center facilities. Now the grandparents had a problem, grandson was not permitted in the rec center, and could not ride along in the grandparents golf cart as a spectatorbecause three persons to a cart isn't permitted. It gets more goofy now, If the grandparents were in separate carts, the grandson could ride along as a spectator with one of them but WOULD HAVE TO PAY A $4.00 TRAIL FEE. Why should a non playing family member have to pay a trail fee to ride along with a grandparent in the grandparent's cart?????? A trail fee for doing what ????????

You struck a nerve for me too with that one Warren. I totally agree. RIPOFF!! Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course. Same thing applies for example if my wife (who doesn't play golf) just wants to take in the view and watch me golf. She wouldn't be taking up anyone's tee time, using my gas, and would get to see some of the nicest scenery in TV like the Heron course along Lake Miona, that's unavailable if you don't play golf.

What gets me is the trail fee should be for the CART, no matter if there's one or two riders. The cart is on the "trail". I play with a friend that can't walk the courses, and I like to walk. I CAN'T put my clubs on the cart and walk without paying the $4.00 Total BS. Pull carts or the new motorized remote controlled individual carts inflict more wear and tear to the grass from tee to green than a cart on concrete cart paths.

Anyone try this: Sign up as a walker (no $4.00 trail fee) and carry your clubs for the first hole and then put them on your partner's cart for the rest of the round and walk along with it?

It's a money grab. They estimate that TV books 10,000 teetimes a day. Say 6,500 of them are for the execs (only 9 vs. champ. 18 holes). Say 1,000 of those 6,500 walk. That leaves 5,500 riders. Say half of those pay the annual trail fee (probably less do) and not the daily $4.00 fee. So 2,750 X $4.00 = $11,000 a day for for TV. THAT ADDS UP TO FOUR MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Last year it was $3.50, now $4.00 (14% increase) Bump it up to $4.50 next year (no one would probably complain much) and make 12% more. Nice little scheme.

Just my $.02.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Sage

How much wear and tear is there on the courses with 3.2 million rounds played. ALL THE MONEY GOES INTO THE TURF, PEOPLE.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
You struck a nerve for me too with that one Warren. I totally agree. RIPOFF!! Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course. Same thing applies for example if my wife (who doesn't play golf) just wants to take in the view and watch me golf. She wouldn't be taking up anyone's tee time, using my gas, and would get to see some of the nicest scenery in TV like the Heron course along Lake Miona, that's unavailable if you don't play golf.

What gets me is the trail fee should be for the CART, no matter if there's one or two riders. The cart is on the "trail". I play with a friend that can't walk the courses, and I like to walk. I CAN'T put my clubs on the cart and walk without paying the $4.00 Total BS. Pull carts or the new motorized remote controlled individual carts inflict more wear and tear to the grass from tee to green than a cart on concrete cart paths.

Anyone try this: Sign up as a walker (no $4.00 trail fee) and carry your clubs for the first hole and then put them on your partner's cart for the rest of the round and walk along with it?

It's a money grab. They estimate that TV books 10,000 teetimes a day. Say 6,500 of them are for the execs (only 9 vs. champ. 18 holes). Say 1,000 of those 6,500 walk. That leaves 5,500 riders. Say half of those pay the annual trail fee (probably less do) and not the daily $4.00 fee. So 2,750 X $4.00 = $11,000 a day for for TV. THAT ADDS UP TO FOUR MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Last year it was $3.50, now $4.00 (14% increase) Bump it up to $4.50 next year (no one would probably complain much) and make 12% more. Nice little scheme.

Just my $.02.
It took me less than a minute to google several examples of spectator fees.

I'd say this is about average.

http://www.robson.com/assets/pdf/RRAZ_GolfFees.pdf
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
First, there are many places in and outside TV that do not allow unaccompanied minors to use their facilities. There are liability concerns as well as their staff isn't supposed to be baby sitters.

I suspect the trail fee is designed to discourage people who would claim to be spectators, but would begin to play as soon as out of sight of the starter.

You can be sure the golf ambassadors know the color of your cart, how many players paid, and your time on the course to the minute. They watch your every move.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
You can be sure the golf ambassadors know the color of your cart, how many players paid, and your time on the course to the minute. They watch your every move.
I repeat...

As a person who has played golf for forty years and at a lot of courses, I think our fees are more than reasonable and spectators fees are very common. It took me less than a minute to find several examples.

Here is one;http://www.robson.com/assets/pdf/RRAZ_GolfFees.pdf
Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

IMHO the rules are justified and the fees reasonable.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I don't play golf. I would pay $4 to ride in somebody's golf cart to see the Heron course along Lake Miona. Sounds beautiful. I realize your wife might not want to pay that every time you play, but I don't see unreasonable fees here, as opposed to what people pay from my neck of the woods up north.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry, but I see every rule mentioned to be spot on and should be strictly enforced. This is a retirement community for adults, not a day care center.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Sage

Quote:

Just my $.02.
So, you recommend cheating a system that the vast majority are in favor of. As a dedicated golfer, I do not want children nor spectators on or even near the tee boxes and greens. As an avid golfer, I view golfing as a sport and not an amusement park.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 AM
Gold member

Trail fees are mostly everywhere. Sometimes people who bring others, can be disturbing to the ones that are playing. I just wish, you don't try to beat the system, that is put in place for ALL the golfers in TV. Prices here are reasonable to other courses outside TV (especially the 30 or so executives) and really if you wanted to avoid the trail fee, you can purchase trail fee for a year at a reduced rate. I hope you understand. We have great facilities here in TV, for all of us to enjoy, and to me this is not a legitimate complaint. But, you still have a nice day.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately if there weren't controls on golf course riders the same people whose grand-kids are hanging all over their carts on the streets would be doing it on the golf course.

My wife's brother was recently here and loved riding around in the golf cart on the exec courses a couple of times. I walked and pulled my cart while he rode with my wife and paid the $4 trail fee (they give you a spectator band for the golf cart) Two hours worth of entertainment for him for $4 seems pretty reasonable.

Walking means having you clubs with you which helps maintain the pace of play.

Golf course maintenance plus the administrative cost for the system is expensive. I know very few courses allow private carts without trail fees.
The cost of amenities in TV are IMO very reasonable if not a bargain, but there is no free lunch.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
Unfortunately if there weren't controls on golf course riders the same people whose grand-kids are hanging all over their carts on the streets would be doing it on the golf course.

My wife's brother was recently here and loved riding around in the golf cart on the exec courses a couple of times. I walked and pulled my cart while he rode with my wife and paid the $4 trail fee (they give you a spectator band for the golf cart) Two hours worth of entertainment for him for $4 seems pretty reasonable.

The cost of amenities in TV are IMO very reasonable if not a bargain, but there is no free lunch.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Warren Keifer: as you found out you are wasting your time and breath sharing any frustrations you experience here in The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.