Under age "residents"

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Question Under age "residents"

We are curious about what seem to be a number of under age "Villages Residents". I.E., various postings in the Daily Sun's "Law Enforcement Briefs" of the activities of young (21 years old, etc.) miscreants who are then listed as a "resident" of the Villages.

How exactly does that happen?

Are we missing something here?
Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

More are living with their parent these days.

Bothers me a bit, as it seems there are a lot of problem children, many are on probation, or with outstanding warrants.

One of these angels, even had such bad associates, that a Villager was murdered a few years ago.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-marion-county
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Sage

you only need to be 19 to live here
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Bad kids!!

Interesting article in Today's Sun about one such person who was helping a neighbor with something in the yard and she found him in her bedroom and he said he was using the bathroom. Next day she finds some gold necklaces missing and he admitted to it and "returned" fake gold ones. They caught him. This happened, according to The Sun, in the 1400 block of Juarez Place.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Actually 20% of the residents can be under the age of 55. My problem with that is with knowing who/whom is maintaining records to ensure that TV is not exceeding that %.

Secondly there are a number of families who have disabled family members ( parents/children)that need care. There are also some whose adult children have fallen on tough economic times.

Keep in mind that other than that 20% one family member has to be 55+
Old 10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Actually 20% of the residents can be under the age of 55. My problem with that is with knowing who/whom is maintaining records to ensure that TV is not exceeding that %.

Secondly there are a number of families who have disabled family members ( parents/children)that need care. There are also some whose adult children have fallen on tough economic times.

Keep in mind that other than that 20% one family member has to be 55+
My guess is that TV or the CDDs have pretty acurate statistics on that. I sincerely doubt that the % is anywhere near 20%. Probably less than 5, JMHO.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
They might have some way of tracking the % through the resident passes issued. I believe they have individual property codes and DOB's on the records.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Platinum member

I have been concerned for a long time with the "Rap Sheet" data that Justus mentions.

Not so much because they provide some sort of clue about what's happenin' here in TV, as because they don't truly address some of the upsetting truths about what's happenin' here in TV!

Meaning: Because TV is now so big, a fair number of our residents come with family members who present some 'challenges' to the quiet ambience of our enormously different community. It is almost "inevitable!"

I suspect that the guys who have moved here with their "challenged" children have been fighting the demons of their situations for many years. I applaud their bravery in having done so, and hope that this unique community will help them continue to cope with those demons!

Most of us have children / grandchildren of whom we are immensely proud! Many also have progeny of whom we may be immensely proud, while still being a little scared because they pose some vague threat to our society!

I hope I'm not being too cerebreal about this!

SWR
Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
I have been concerned for a long time with the "Rap Sheet" data that Justus mentions.

Not so much because they provide some sort of clue about what's happenin' here in TV, as because they don't truly address some of the upsetting truths about what's happenin' here in TV!

Meaning: Because TV is now so big, a fair number of our residents come with family members who present some 'challenges' to the quiet ambience of our enormously different community. It is almost "inevitable!"

I suspect that the guys who have moved here with their "challenged" children have been fighting the demons of their situations for many years. I applaud their bravery in having done so, and hope that this unique community will help them continue to cope with those demons!

Most of us have children / grandchildren of whom we are immensely proud! Many also have progeny of whom we may be immensely proud, while still being a little scared because they pose some vague threat to our society!

I hope I'm not being too cerebreal about this!

SWR
As usual, you have said it well. It is a worry.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Gold member

Bringing criminals and evil doers into TV, regardless if they are your relatives or not, should not be condoned. That is similar to putting a fox in the chicken hut. There are easy pickins in TV because of the large population of seniors, some on their own for the first time. I would hope that TV residents in that situation would think long and hard before they bring their troubled relatives into TV. Everyone needs to be vigilant to protect your friends and neighbors.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Bringing criminals and evil doers into TV, regardless if they are your relatives or not, should not be condoned. That is similar to putting a fox in the chicken hut. There are easy pickins in TV because of the large population of seniors, some on their own for the first time. I would hope that TV residents in that situation would think long and hard before they bring their troubled relatives into TV. Everyone needs to be vigilant to protect your friends and neighbors.
With all due respect and for the sake of presenting a fair and balanced narrative. Perhaps the concerns you express are not a result of residents' family members but rather a result of long/short term renters.

There are a number of people who do not live in TV but in the surrounding area and have purchased a number of homes and rented them out. Add to that the many seasonal residents who rent out their homes and at any given time you have a ton of renters living here. I'm just saying........
Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 AM

I think I saw somewhere that a very high percentage of TV'ers moved here from other parts of Florida. That probably means family is close by or within driving distance. I see many more young people driving carts than even a few months ago. Have seen a few twenty somethings getting mail at the mail stops. I'm speculating that there are more young people living with parents and grandparents as someone else said earlier. The criminal activity among this age group as indicated by the various articles in the DS is worrisome especially those youngsters listed as village residents.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Gold member

Here's a link to a simple explanation of the requirements needed to maintain a community's Age Restricted Status.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 AM

bump
Old 12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Rules

Everyone wants to believe the rules are the rules. Very few people would rat out their neighbors. So the fountain that never runs water,the nice lawn ornament,the camper or motor home in the road with water and power running from the house, the boat in the driveway, the rubermaid storage locker that sticks above the villa wall, the work that's being done without permission or didn't go to ARB and even though it's not in the deeds don't tell me how fast I can drive my golf cart etc.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.