Underground Dog Fences

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 06:12 AM

Like my Uncle Tony said, 'you can never win an argument with an ignorant person'. Reminds me of the people who buy the house next to the airport and then complain about all the noise. A rule is a rule and it was there before you came.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
Like my Uncle Tony said, 'you can never win an argument with an ignorant person'. Reminds me of the people who buy the house next to the airport and then complain about all the noise. A rule is a rule and it was there before you came.
Which rule are you talking about here?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Which rule are you talking about here?
Bike, I had the same question.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Default Invisible fences ARE allowed

Here's the definitive answer to the question about whether invisible dog fences are permitted in TV, and whether they are considered to be "restraint" (i.e., same as having your dog on a leash) -- from Diane Tucker, in the "Our Place" column 12/22/11:

"“Are invisible fences allowed?” The answer is yes. While the deed restrictions do not allow fences, the invisible fence (also called a pet fence) is underground and is considered a pet restraint."
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

Let me start by saying that I love dogs and that my wife and I have been "transporters" for a number of different rescue organizations over the years. But if I am out walking and I see your dog furiously growling and running at me, I have no idea if that dog is going to stop at the edge of the owners property, or continue on.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM

In districts 1 thru 5 they do not enforce the leash law. In today's recreation news on page two there is an article that says'When the Board of Supervisors for district1-5 and village center adopted their rule to enforce certain external deed restrictions, this specific restriction was not adopted as part of the rule.
drd
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM

All dog control issues are under the jurisdiction of each county's animal control office. If you have a complaint about barking or off leash animals, or find a lost animal and so forth, call your county animal control. TV will refer you to them if you call them first.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Wink

If you read today paper, Thursday, 12/22, in the Recreation News, page 2, there is a paragraph by Diane Tucker near the end of her article that reads:

"Another question we receive is, "Are invisible fences allowed?". The answer is Yes. While the deed restrictions do not allow fences, the invisible fence (also called a pet fence) is underground and is considered a pet restraint.

This should answer the question
Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I often ride my bike around Odessa Circle since it circles the villas in which I live and about ten laps makes a nice workout and it's all residential, very little traffic. Otherwise I would have to go out on St. Charles and ride in the golf cart lane and mix in with much heavier traffic.

One owner on Odessa Circle has probably the tallest dog I've ever seen. It's a black and white Dalmatian that must weigh 200 pounds, it's huge. What's scary is the dog is usually standing in the driveway a couple of days a week and even though I had seen the 'Invisible Fence' truck in front of the home a couple of months ago, it creeps me out everytime I ride by. I can only imagine someone else going by and not knowing that. To me, the invisible fence has a purpose, but it's far from the perfect solution.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.