Unhappy people...and observation

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 04:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Looks like I will be going to the Chula Vista pool. I'm up for rattling their cage.
If you go early, you will find Chula pool to be very welcoming the more the merrier.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Could it be that as we get older and frailer, and yes, even pass on, many simply stop going to the squares
Quote:
? So there are fewer "old" faces to recognize and they are replaced by those younger or in better physical health.
Highly likely when I pass on I won't be going to the squares anymore. Look at that. All I have to do is be a little patient and the chair saving problem will go away. WOAH what just happened? I'm now a happy person.

Last edited by rustyp; 10-18-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I am thinking as younger generations come here it will be a little different.

Hoping they have learned from the many anti bullying gatherings that have had to attend, will give them a better respect for others
Old 10-18-2018, 06:45 AM
fw102807

Not everyone ages well. My dear sweet dad towards the end of his life became bitter and depressed and lashed out at all of his caregivers. No one knows what these people have been through or what they might be facing.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I am thinking as younger generations come here it will be a little different.

Hoping they have learned from the many anti bullying gatherings that have had to attend, will give them a better respect for others
Keep in mind we were all "the younger generation" when we moved here.
With the normal turnover...those moving or passing on...leaving....the people mix is pretty much the same.

Now the next generation of retirees will definitely bring a different view of a lot of things than those of the current generation.....much of which many of us do or would not support.

And so on!!
Old 10-18-2018, 10:40 AM
Sage

"People are as happy as they make up their minds to be". A. Lincoln

"Some people bring sunshine into a room when they enter and some, when they leave".

They were fools before they met me and they will be still be fools when I leave.

I only have one word when someone is disagreeable, "NEXT".

"Life is too short to be too little"

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Update on Rio Grande pool attitude

Today Rio Grande pool closed ufn. So they arrived at Chula with a new attitude and many welcomes and good wishes from Chula gang, Yea. Happy ending we hope. Plus bag-pipe entertainment and cookies. Now how can you NOT be happy about THAT!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Today Rio Grande pool closed ufn. So they arrived at Chula with a new attitude and many welcomes and good wishes from Chula gang, Yea. Happy ending we hope. Plus bag-pipe entertainment and cookies. Now how can you NOT be happy about THAT!

Sometimes people have to "eat crow" and just chill and be nice (meaning the "interlopers" from Rio Grande pool). Sounds like y'all had a good time!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Sometimes people have to "eat crow" and just chill and be nice (meaning the "interlopers" from Rio Grande pool). Sounds like y'all had a good time!
Every day when I read what you write here and on Facebook I find even more to treasure about you. In the face of Illness and sadness you are a testament to all you believe and an inspiration to those of us who know you.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:42 PM

I think she simply hates her life and shows that fact to everyone.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I had the thought, but way too late that I should have re-parked my car and asked her if she needed help with taking her cart back. Kindness sometimes goes a long way. Yes, I did think of the possibility of dementia. My MIL, as she aged, lost her "filter" and said things that were very hurtful at times. I probably judged this woman and should have had some empathy for her.
Nice attitude. I agree that kindness goes a long way.

Quote:
Some people are in pain and unable to recognize how bitter/angry/selfish they are coming off to others.
We are blessed as we age if we're not in some type of emotional or physical pain.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, cart, blah, find, wanted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.