Unhappy people...and observation

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Default Unhappy people...and observation

It takes all kinds to make up our community. Today I was behind an elderly woman (using the automatic cart) at Aldi. She was checking out and ALL the while screaming at the checker on how she hated to shop there. She could never find what she wanted and blah, blah, blah. Wanted to know where the main office was so she could complain further. He called the manager who politely listened to her tirade. That said though...this woman is parked with that cart where ALL the people were trying to leave and do their own thing at the packing shelf. When she decides to finally move, she nearly backs into me. Then speaks sharply---"don't worry, I won't run over you!' while she's almost doing it.

People...who aren't familiar with Aldi! You may not be able to find your favorite products ALL of the time as they might only carry them for a short period of time. So "IF" you see something you like stock up or just be aware of this. I wonder if some folks are just unhappy and love to make LIFE miserable for others because they are themselves. Her behavior was horrible and certainly had the attention of all the people at the front of the store. THEN in the parking lot...she didn't park the cart close to her car to unpack her goods, but instead kept it out in the middle of the lane so it caused a traffic back-up as well.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:46 AM

I agree. I have not figured out some people.... I don't know if it is that they are unhappy, inconsiderate, want (need?) attention or something else.

I usually choose to smile at them and walk away. Life is too short (and not fun at all) to act like that.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Sage

Statistic state 10% of all Americans over age 65 have dementia/alzheimers- and 2/3 of these people are female--and they drive until diagnosed-- you just may have encountered one
Old 10-17-2018, 10:55 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Or she could have been a pain all her life, Narcissistic, demanding and thoughtless of others.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Sage

I had the thought, but way too late that I should have re-parked my car and asked her if she needed help with taking her cart back. Kindness sometimes goes a long way. Yes, I did think of the possibility of dementia. My MIL, as she aged, lost her "filter" and said things that were very hurtful at times. I probably judged this woman and should have had some empathy for her.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:19 AM

I have known many people in my life that are that way. The way I like to put it is that they are not happy unless they can find something to be unhappy about.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

I think it's in the water, giggle. Some folks find ways to be miserable in paradise. Yesterday went to Rio Grande pool because Chula was being cleaned. Said "good morning" only response "It's the Chula group, why don't you go out for breakfast and leave our pool alone"....WHAT!!!!!! Last time I checked, we all paid the same amenity fee for pools, ugh!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I had the thought, but way too late that I should have re-parked my car and asked her if she needed help with taking her cart back. Kindness sometimes goes a long way. Yes, I did think of the possibility of dementia. My MIL, as she aged, lost her "filter" and said things that were very hurtful at times. I probably judged this woman and should have had some empathy for her.
You're a good person for even stopping to consider what this person might have been going through.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Sage

Didn't know groups owned the pools,--my wife has to put up with the same stuff in the sports pools, when the water volley ball groups , don't abide by the time there supposed to start setting up- they infringe on the lap swimmers-- rules are meant for everyone--rules make a society civil
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

There is no getting around it, some people are just nasty. Their goal is simple; make as many people as possible miserable each day.

I prefer not to taint those with valid medical conditions that may/may not make them very happy.

Best advice when encountering one of these nasties?

DO NOT ENGAGE!!!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

It must be Aldie's week .......... I was in my local Aldi yesterday and, thankfully, it was not too busy. However, I seemed to have a shadow - wherever I was in the store this lady was wanting to be at the same place. I thought nothing of it until she suddenly said to me "I hate this store, someone is always where I want to be in here". I thought to my self that she was probably a seasonal resident returning from the woods up north where she does not have to meet too many people, or fight for "her SPOT". However, when I went out to the parking lot she was parked right beside me .... yea, another dose of nasty. She told me there was not much room in the lot, now I had arrived before her and made sure I left plenty of room to load my groceries into the car. At that point I did not let her get away with it .... I told her I had left plenty of room to load up and that she was parked too close to the line. At that she said nothing .... but, I let it annoy me for the rest of the day, and obviously I am still annoyed today! So, let it go ............ let it go ............ which sounds so easy to do when I really want to get back at her for making my day miserable.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I think it's in the water, giggle. Some folks find ways to be miserable in paradise. Yesterday went to Rio Grande pool because Chula was being cleaned. Said "good morning" only response "It's the Chula group, why don't you go out for breakfast and leave our pool alone"....WHAT!!!!!! Last time I checked, we all paid the same amenity fee for pools, ugh!
I would not have been silent. I don’t suffer fools lightly.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Sage

the argument/fight you are guaranteed to win--is the one you avoid
Old 10-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I agree. Sometimes you fight fire with fire. But in my opinion, in MOST cases you fight fire with water! In other words kindness.

Some people are in pain and unable to recognize how bitter/angry/selfish they are coming off to others.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I flopped into the Chula Vista pool one day after playing golf so I could cool off. Found a chair, showered off and got in. Talk about being stared at and no hi, bye, screw ya, or nothing. Totally felt un welcomed.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, cart, blah, find, wanted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.