Best Book About The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Default Best Book About The Villages

Was curious if anyone purchased the $14.95 book advertised here about TV? Is it fairly current? I know the host states the posts on TOTV is the best information source because it is from current owners, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM

We purchased this book before we arrived for our life style visit. It helped us prepare for our visit and answered many questions anyone new to TV might have ( layout, how 466 separates north & south, restaurants, the Town squares, activities, activities, rec centers, etc..). You could also get the same information from this forum and, arguably, it's more current. Having said that, I would still recommend the book because of its consolidated view of TV.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Founder

Thank you for your support. The revenue helps keep TOTV a free service to its members.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM

We purchased the book even if some of the information is dated. I read it over and over just to familiarize myself with things I have questions about The Villages.Very helpful and well worth it.We will be renting a patio villa for May just to learn more and will buy next spring.Also read the TOTV every day just to learn more and gives us a realistic view of The Villages. Love it and have check out all the other retirement places around the area and The Villages is still the place for us.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I too have known several people who purchased the book and were very happy, dollar for dollar there is a lot of information there in one place that is very valuable for new visitors. Keith if you haven't locked in a rental for May I have friends who have a nice patio villa for rent...gn
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 PM

Sorry golfnut. We locked into a Villa on CrystalCt in Village of Ashland a long time ago but thanks for the info. Looking forward to our visit.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Thank you for your support. The revenue helps keep TOTV a free service to its members.
Supporting TOTV is certainly something we all should do. We have been down about 7 times, but as we get closer to making TV a reality, I'm really wanting to make that transition as surprise free as possible. We will make the purchase, because we love this forum and want to support it.

Thanks all for your replies.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.