Unwanted mail

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Good point! In addition to that, there are some pretty lonely people in this community who appreciate getting somethi ng in the mail, even if it ends up in the circular container.
Any trashcan, anywhere is a trashcan! Don't want trash in it, don't put it there.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We have recieved a handwritten letter from the Jehovah Witnesses. Stating these are rough times, etc..... I would like to tell them to keep their opinions to themselves and not to prey on elderly folks. Yes I know first ammendment rights, but just because you can't go door to door, leave folks alone.
I don't think they are singling out elderly people. They have been preying on people of all ages for as long as I can remember. I even remember them coming to my college dorm room. If you want to complain, I would suggest that you either reply to the letter with your opinion or refuse delivery and put the letter back in the mailbox.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:08 AM
Default Stopping junk mail

Quote:
We have recieved a handwritten letter from the Jehovah Witnesses. Stating these are rough times, etc..... I would like to tell them to keep their opinions to themselves and not to prey on elderly folks. Yes I know first ammendment rights, but just because you can't go door to door, leave folks alone.
Just Google how to stop junk mail and follow the instructions, its that easy.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:19 AM

Two of them knocked on our door. Being a nice guy I invited them in offered them coffee or a soft drink and then invited them to tell me what they had to say. They looked at each other and then the taller of the two said, " I don't know, we have never gotten this far."
Old 05-23-2020, 06:35 AM
Michael Charles

I have an idea regarding unwanted solicitations for credit card applications or any junk mail with self addressed postage paid envelopes included. Take a piece of the JUNK MAIL literature WITHOUT your name or any of your personal info on it and putting it into the return envelope and mail it back to them. If hundreds of thousands of these postage paid empty envelopes get sent back to them they will be overwhelmed with our JUNK MAIL that they might just adapt new techniques! If nothing else they might need to hire more people to open these empty envelopes!
Old 05-23-2020, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjearly View Post
Two of them knocked on our door. Being a nice guy I invited them in offered them coffee or a soft drink and then invited them to tell me what they had to say. They looked at each other and then the taller of the two said, " I don't know, we have never gotten this far."
I saw that TV show too
Old 05-23-2020, 06:49 AM

Why then, have a community trash can at postal stations??? Oh, maybe for doggie-doo bags?
Old 05-23-2020, 06:50 AM

Thank you. Yes it's my favorite charity as well. Junk mail is junk.mail no matter where a
Or who sends it. Throw it away. No big deal. We have trash pick up.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:52 AM

Hey I think you just increased the work force.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Too bad they didn't send it when the TP shortage was at its worst
Agree! Timing just a bit behind the curve.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:06 AM
Default ...another view

Respectfully, I must take a different view.

I am not a JW, and not interested in joining their church, but have found them to be friendly and easy to talk-to. I have my own belief system, but (honestly) I learn more about the Bible with each JW visitation. The two that come by my home are welcomed during their 2-3 visits per year. Yea, I know they’re not “supposed” solicit but I’d rather talk to them than the stream of folks who want to inspect my roof, or whatever.

Believe it or not, I have actually READ “The Watchtower” they leave with me. I find it fairly elementary, but easily understood. I am not interested in joining their Faith, but Lord knows (pun intended), in the present World I welcome most folks who honestly hold their ‘belief.

Given the anger that TOTV sometimes elicits, I’m almost fearful of what my comments may bring ... but what the Hell, we can all have our own perspectives.

P.S. I received a brief handwritten letter from my JW-guy (Dale...) on Friday.
He simply expressed concern for all of us in these difficult pandemic times, and hoped I was doing ‘ok. His letter wasn’t ‘preachy, political, or asking for a donation. All-in-all I welcome the next time we have a chance to chat.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:11 AM
Default Best post of the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Too bad they didn't send it when the TP shortage was at its worst
Folks, this one made me laugh Definitely best post in the thread.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:13 AM
Default Return to sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't think they are singling out elderly people. They have been preying on people of all ages for as long as I can remember. I even remember them coming to my college dorm room. If you want to complain, I would suggest that you either reply to the letter with your opinion or refuse delivery and put the letter back in the mailbox.
Just put it on an outgoing mailbox with RETURN TO SENDER written in bold letters on the front of the envelope
Old 05-23-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:

It worked, you read the letter.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:20 AM

Ever wonder why there are 2 trash containers at the mail house? Ever notice how full they are when you pick up your mail later in the day?
Closed Thread

Tags
door, folks, unwanted, prey, elderly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.