Unwanted mail

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Well, no it is not MY junk mail. Just because someone gets a hold of my name and address without my permission and uses it - does not make it mine. With that logic, I could just write my name on Oprah’s bank account add my address and it would be mine.
If it got you’re name on it it’s you’re. Only the entitled put it in the trash can at postal stations. If there wasn’t so many %$# around the postal station would need trash cans.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If it got you’re name on it it’s you’re. Only the entitled put it in the trash can at postal stations. If there wasn’t so many %$# around the postal station would need trash cans.
Seriously?

What does being ENTITLED have to do with it?

At our postal station the DEVELOPER has placed 3 trash containers. I wonder why they thought that WE would be in need of 3 trash containers there? If they're as CHEAP as most say or think they wouldn't even place 1 there, then, we would have to take our unwanted junk mail home to dispose of.

ENTITLED? Really, get a grip.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
They pick up the trash in TV wherever it is located. What is the difference as long as the bins are not overloaded with mail all over the floor?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,601 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Seriously?

What does being ENTITLED have to do with it?

At our postal station the DEVELOPER has placed 3 trash containers. I wonder why they thought that WE would be in need of 3 trash containers there? If they're as CHEAP as most say or think they wouldn't even place 1 there, then, we would have to take our unwanted junk mail home to dispose of.

ENTITLED? Really, get a grip.
My postal station has 5 trash containers, but, apparently, you are not supposed to put anything in them.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Frankly, like some others, I have more problems with “junk” emails. You can unsubscribe but many times they are right back and then everyday there are new ones. These unwanted emails “clog up” your I-pad, phone and computer. Sorry, off the OP’S subject a bit.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=fdpaq0580;1769586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycasebeer View Post
Respectfully, I must take a different view.

I am not a JW, and not interested in joining their church, but have found them to be friendly and easy to talk-to. I have my own belief system, but (honestly) I learn more about the Bible with each JW visitation. The two that come by my home are welcomed during their 2-3 visits per year. Yea, I know they’re not “supposed” solicit but I’d rather talk to them than the stream of folks who want to inspect my roof, or whatever.

Believe it or not, I have actually READ “The Watchtower” they leave with me. I find it fairly elementary, but easily understood. I am not interested in joining their Faith, but Lord knows (pun intended), in the present World I welcome most folks who honestly hold their ‘belief.

Given the anger that TOTV sometimes elicits, I’m almost fearful of what my comments may bring ... but what the Hell, we can all have our own perspectives.

P.S. I received a brief handwritten letter from my JW-guy (Dale...) on Friday.
He simply expressed concern for all of us in these difficult pandemic times, and hoped I was doing ‘ok. His letter wasn’t ‘preachy, political, or asking for a donation. All-in-all I welcome the next time we have a chance to chat.[/QUOTE

Well written expression of another's point of view based on their personal experience.
I also had a friend who had different points of view regarding politics and religion than my own. But we got along great and truly enjoyed each other's company. We found that political and religious differences didn't really divide us. I miss him.
I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We are writing letters out of true sincerity and care. We are Christians that follow Jesus’ footsteps which he taught his original apostles how to preach and teach. Jesus said “and this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come”. And THIS is what we are doing world wide. We are respectful of the law and of social distancing by not going to your door during COVID 19. So, we are writing you a thoughtful personal letter which could be considered as an education into someone else’s faith? The receiver of a letter need not be nasty and dismissive. Opinions are an exchange of thoughts. The same as a person who goes to college receives an education of different thoughts. We have a wonderful website JW.ORG that gives a tremendous amount of information about our faith. There are tons of questions people have that have biblical answers. We are here to find sheep who have a spiritual need. So, please don’t be nasty and dismissive to a kind letter that comes your way. It is out of love and following Jesus.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I was taught to be a missionary myself. And how to witness. We witnessed upon invitation only. It is true we were taught to help those who needed it, physically, mentally and when they asked spiritually. You cannot force feed religion into people. That is harassment to those who don’t want it.

One of the freedoms God gave us is the freedom to choose. As Creator (if you consider Him that way) He could have made us like robots everyone worship by instinct, but He let us chose - it is not up to people to take away that choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, folks, unwanted, prey, elderly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.