Update: Homes in Historic side W. Schwartz

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Default Update: Homes in Historic side W. Schwartz

Hello All, Finally on Nov 7 we closed after all last minute stuff the bank put us through.We did not get a real approval until two days before closing. We were quite surprised that Citizens did that,but we are Villagers and could not be happier. Even found our cart the same day form Cart World. Seems to be a really top notch business. We have really grown to love the historic side, much more than expected!

We will be there again on Fri to enjoy the weekend with inlaws. Would like to get locks rekeyed or new locks. I can do the removal and replacement myself but looking for a close locksmith to change tumblers. Does anyone know if there is any difference in locks in manufactured homes. Best to all! LB&LB
Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Default bank

welcome! You will LOVE living in TV, and the bank's hurdles will fade. We can sympathise, as we did not know until the day of closing, if we would seal the deal or not. With top notch credit, we were confused. However, 18 months later, life is good. We have many new and dear friends, and are so glad we took the leap and moved from our 40 year lives in Virginia.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 AM

Good morning Shrandell, We have a high credit score, but I am self employed. The starts bells and whistles going off. This will be our first weekend to enjoy, and have already put all the stress behind. After closing we cleaned everything so we are ready to cruise in the cart! Laurie's folks have dishes and etc for the house. It was all furnished but no kitchen things. REgards LB
Old 11-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

LB, I'm surprised you and others had the problems with Citizens First that you described. We closed on our home in January and everything went smooth as silk in the process, and we were never in TV until the day before we closed.

The only problem we did have was not with the bank, but with the credit reports. There were a few erroneous errors on it made by the reporting from a previous utility company and another because of double billing by a medical office that could not be corrected on time for closing. It wasn't enough of a problem to prevent the purchase, but it did cost us an additional .5 percent on our mortgage.

Creditors are faster than greased lightning on making reports to the credit bureaus, but fix errors? Well between the creditor and the bureau, they're slower than a disabled snail on greased ice in fixing their errors... and as for the credit bureaus, they're a few steps below totally useless when it comes to trying to communicate with them or resolving problems! Thank God at least that there weren't any really serious problems or more of these kinds of errors!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Sage
Post Homes in Historic side W. Schwartz

How long of a mortgage can you get on a manufactured home? Just wondering. Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

LB,
Welcome to Lower Paradise!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Default Janmcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
How long of a mortgage can you get on a manufactured home? Just wondering. Thanks
We got a 30 year fixed. The home must be of certain age to bet mortgage and insurance
Old 11-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Default Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB View Post
We got a 30 year fixed. The home must be of certain age to bet mortgage and insurance
Anyone know what the age is that LB mentioned? I plan to look on the historic side when I come down but I'll avoid looking at any properties that can't qualify for a mortgage or insurance.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 AM

I would also like to know the age.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Default I called Citizens First Mortgage Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjpang View Post
I would also like to know the age.
I called Citizens First Mortgage in The Villages today and spoke with Dean Smith. He said that they would not mortgage a manufactured home that was built before 1976. He pointed out that, in addition to the age, you should be sure that the home is up to current hurricane-survival codes too.

I'm no expert but it seems like there are plenty of homes in the historic side that are newer than 1976.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.