Update on Morse Felony Charges in Montana Poaching Case

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I'm curious why it doesn't concern you. The man who has been charged with these crimes is in control of your community and will be for a while. If any person is found guilty of any felony, would not all of their activities be suspect?
I could not agree with you MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this is the same as what Manson did in California.

Last edited by ajakk; 02-16-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: missing word, sorry
Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakk View Post
I could not agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me this is the same as what Manson did in California.
Do you mean Charles Manson? Who controlled the killing of human beings?

While this is bad (if guilty), don't see how it rises to the level of killing a person. And, obviously, the law doesn't agree with that either since the punishment is probably just money.

Is this what you meant to say? Or do you mean some other Manson?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Charges have been made but no trial has taken place (in a court room) outside of this forum.

If found guilty, there will probably be stiff fines. However, no one has been tried and been found guilty.

This really has no bearing on life in The Villages. Sure, you can say that the Morse family has no morals by shooting out of season on their own property. It does not concern me. Why does it concern you? Just keep any guns away from my pet Panda. He gets mean around hunters.

It is not like an elected official was caught in a sexual tryst. That is a betrayal of public trust - since they are elected by the people. We can all name a few of those - Gov. Spitzer, Mark Foley, David Vitter, and the governors of South Carolina and of New Jersey.
Let me see if I have this straight -- it's okay to commit a felony as long as it doesn't affect you, but it's not okay for someone to have an affair, which is actually a very private matter. Granted, Mark Morse, et al. have not been tried and convicted, but if they are found guilty (and not ljust let off on a technicality), they have committed FELONIES, knowingly with intent. That's okay with you?

So, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, FDR,, Ike, JFK, Clinton, just to name a few public officials who have had known,, confirmed affairs, should be removed from office for betraying a public trust? What public trust? I may not like their choices and I certainly don't understand having sex with another when married, but it is a betrayal of a private trust with their wives and it truly isn't my business or yours or the general public's unless these sexual trysts truly affect the running of the city, state, country.

I honestly think your statements are a mix of apples and oranges and it saddens me that you can't see that Mark Morse's moral fibre is sorely lacking -- in the recent class action suit, the IRS mess, the Moffitt lies and this and a lot of small things as well.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
let me see if i have this straight -- it's okay to commit a felony as long as it doesn't affect you, but it's not okay for someone to have an affair, which is actually a very private matter. Granted, mark morse, et al. Have not been tried and convicted, but if they are found guilty (and not ljust let off on a technicality), they have committed felonies, knowingly with intent. That's okay with you?

So, george washington, thomas jefferson, fdr,, ike, jfk, clinton, just to name a few public officials who have had known,, confirmed affairs, should be removed from office for betraying a public trust? What public trust? I may not like their choices and i certainly don't understand having sex with another when married, but it is a betrayal of a private trust with their wives and it truly isn't my business or yours or the general public's unless these sexual trysts truly affect the running of the city, state, country.

I honestly think your statements are a mix of apples and oranges and it saddens me that you can't see that mark morse's moral fibre is sorely lacking -- in the recent class action suit, the irs mess, the moffitt lies and this and a lot of small things as well.
amen!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
Jim --those operations are essential I am talking about the SPORT of hunting for pure pleasure of the kill as it appears Morse and company are accused . I understand population control and the feeding of the hungry.

I just wonder sometimes how many people would be shooting animals(for sport) if they could shoot back !!

Have a great day !! on my way out to the sport of shopping with my princess
Do the animals who are slaughtered for furs, leather, guitar strings, pickled pigs feet, etc etc.. get to shoot back too? I do not agree with killing for killing sake. Many people will tell you that meat is not essential, and is in fact not healthy to humans. I see your point but mine is who and where do we draw the line?
I completely agree with laws that say if you hunt, you must dress the meat for consumption. If you do not want it, make sure it gets to someone who needs it. Many hunters in this area dress and donate the meat to the needy and shelters. I wonder if they have a food distribution license. So many issues... so much need for more government.
OF course you can argue that the food chain needs the body too.
JJ
Old 02-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

JJ -- Montana has places to drop off the carcasses to be dressed and given to local shelters all for a whoipping $20 fee. The problem, of course, is that if you're hunting out of season or without a license you don't dare drop off the carcass since you then face a hefty fine and possible conviction for that dead animal.

I'm not going to get into pros and cons of hunting. My father was a hunter. So was my brother. As a kid, I happily joined them. I quit hunting when I gutshot a deer and had to chase it down to finish the job. I quit eating meat for several years after that but ultimately developed a severe case of anemia and had a choice -- eat red meat or die. I chose the red meat (which I honestly love, anyway). Back to the point, my father and brother loved the challenge of the hunt but never hunted unless they knew they could use every part of the animal. In Kentucky, that meant giving the meat to those less fortunate to enjoy during the winter. The hides were tanned and turned into clothing for those same families. The fat was rendered to make candles and soap. Even the bones were carved into utensils. We never had a head on the wall except my father's when mom was mad at him or a skin on the floor. That would have been a waste and an obscenity in our household. However, trophy hunting is beyond obscene and downright inexcusable. I can think of no reason for it except ego and it is the ego of a person I personally don't ever want to know.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Red, I'm thinking that you need to write a book. Your life has taken so many interesting twists and turns. I find you and the way you express yourself fascinating. We're lucky to have you on this forum and as a neighbor.

Back to the topic, I'm happy that we have the POA to keep an eye on the developer, he needs to be watched. The charges in Montana are against Mark Morse not Gary Morse.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Back to the topic, I'm happy that we have the POA to keep an eye on the developer, he needs to be watched. The charges in Montana are against Mark Morse not Gary Morse.
The POA found this story? Didn't know that.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
Russ I agree with you 100% --I have always thought that hunting would only be a sport if you gave the ANIMAL a gun also !!!
You're right, it shouldn't be called a sport unless both sides know they're playing. A better name would be 'Killing', hunting leads one to believe the animal is hiding. On many days I can look out my back window and see deer grazing, they aren't too hard to find.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:35 PM

The last time the POA kept an eye on something, they hired an attorney for over 6 Million Dollars for 12 months work and paid themselves $50,000 each.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Sage
Default IF they committed the crimes alleged,

I'm inclined toward some sympathy for the daughter. In large measure, we learn our values from our parents.

If we are fortunate, our parents teach us, emulate and expect of us high standards of ethics and personal integrity. If we eschew those values, shame on us. If they teach us that we are privileged and above the laws and ethical standards-- or that our "worth" is defined by our wealth-- shame on them.

Yes, she is responsible for her own actions and should be accountable for them. I do not suggest otherwise. I guess I just hope that she learns the right lessons from the charges, regardless of her involvement, if any.

I hope they all do.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Gold member
Default The Class-Action Law Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by same View Post
The last time the POA kept an eye on something, they hired an attorney for over 6 Million Dollars for 12 months work and paid themselves $50,000 each.
Yes, and you, the other residents of The Villages, and I ended up as the beneficiaries of a class-action settlement in the amount of $40,000,000 that the Developer had cheated us out of. I would say we got a heck of a good deal. Too bad it took a lawsuit to get the Developer to do the right thing.

Once you have written a refund check to the Developer for your share (about $1,000), I will start to listen to your criticism of the plaintiffs (who devoted a tremendous amount of time and effort to the pursuing the matter), their attorneys, and the POA.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Gold member
Default Courts

Let the Courts handle this mess. Whatever they do,is alright with me.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Do you mean Charles Manson? Who controlled the killing of human beings?

While this is bad (if guilty), don't see how it rises to the level of killing a person. And, obviously, the law doesn't agree with that either since the punishment is probably just money.

Is this what you meant to say? Or do you mean some other Manson?
Russ nice to hear from you again. I not only left out the word MORE, in the first line but should have added kill for the love of killing in the second line. I just didn't figure killing living things for fun had degrees. Just my opinion.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
The POA found this story? Didn't know that.
Russ, perhaps a reading comprehension class would help; read my note, I never said the POA found this story.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.