Real Estate agents are interested in one thing : there commision"
drd
Old 04-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
I have been known to be a royal Pain in the --- when I get in the question asking/research mode...
Hey gf, about that royal pain stuff -- I know a builder pretty well who told me that sometimes he just can't help it and he adds on a PITA tax. So sometimes I like to act like I am a bubblehead for awhile. Timing can mean a lot when it comes to questions. And sometimes I just like to listen. But we questioning types will get them all worked in one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci
My wife and I prepared a 40 item list of weighted good and bad features important to us about our NC condo and general area versus TV houses and general area...
We do that list thing, too. We probably never get as high as 40 things on any decision. I like that method a lot. The pros and the cons. -- Doin' the Ben Franklin.

And believe it or not, I don't let myself get into analysis paralysis either. Do a little work up front. Make the decision. And then do everything possible to make it work.

Next step: I have to try to comprehend sinkholes. Totally foreign stuff to a Buckeye.

Boomer
Old 04-18-2008, 02:06 AM

Doesn't the state of Florida have a disclosure rule for all sales new and resales?

I mean they are common in the Northeast.

In some cases the seller has had to buy back the house at the price sold or higher.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran
I have no sympathy for someone who buys a home without checking out the surrounding area. I'm guessing this is not the first home you bought and that you are not 22. A short drive on 42 to 301 would have shown where the train was, it's not new. Some people south on buena vista bought near the sewer plant and now compain about the smell!!! Some bought in new areas near vacant land and now complain about the bare ground and blowing sand..
Where is the sewer plant?
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalarry
Doesn't the state of Florida have a disclosure rule for all sales new and resales?

I mean they are common in the Northeast.

In some cases the seller has had to buy back the house at the price sold or higher.
I don't know if the Villages sales agents are licensed real estate agents. If they are not, then they may not be governed by the law. I don't know for sure. Maybe somebody else does.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Peggy

I'm not sure if this is where the sewer plant is located or not but I can tell you that it smells near here. Across from the new shopping center on 466A is a huge hill that I think is the landfill. All I know is that there are times when we drive past there that it smells awful.

I'm sure someone else here in TOTV will know where the sewer plant is if this is not the place.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
Peggy

I'm not sure if this is where the sewer plant is located or not but I can tell you that it smells near here. Across from the new shopping center on 466A is a huge hill that I think is the landfill. All I know is that there are times when we drive past there that it smells awful.

I'm sure someone else here in TOTV will know where the sewer plant is if this is not the place.
Brightspot,

Where is "here"?
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Peggy

Kitty corner from the new shopping center on 466A, just off Morse.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Veteran member

I know for a fact that very few of the "sales" representatives are real estate agents.
This is one more reason to be cautious. Salesmen will tell you anything and there is nothing you can do if they outright lie. If they were realtors, there would be laws to protect you.

Best thing to get as much information from others as you can and DON"t be afraid to knock on doors and ask questions of your soon to be neighbors.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Platinum member

Frangyomory, Our Villages Sales Rep told us that each of the 200+ sales agents were required to be licensed real estate agents. Can you sell real estate in Fl if you're not licensed? According to FREC, http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/re/index.html

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/re/doc...alFAQs0108.pdf

you can't.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
The guy that was being a wise *** is just that. I thank you Jan for posting this. Now in a few years when it's my turn to live in the TV Historic side I'll be a lot more attention to detail. I really hope this works for you.

BUC:

I don't believe Jan lives in the TV historic side. He lives in the NW area of TV. The historic side is the NE area about 5 miles from where Jan lives.

But you still need to pay attention when you buy.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 AM

Sorry but I have to throw in my two cents worth. A few posts back someone said that "real estate agents are only interested in one thing, their commission". I am a realtor and of course commissions are important--we all have to make a living--but I have to say that I know many agents both in and out of our agency and the honorable and dedicated agents far outnumber the very few bad apples (who usually lose their licenses anyway). We DO care about our clients (and customers) and the majority of us would be straight shooters regardless if we were governed by the strict laws and rules of the National Association of Realtors and various state laws or not. One final comment, if all we cared about were commissions we would not spend hours and hours driving people around who are "just looking" and "just thinking about buying or selling two or three years from now. We would give them a couple of hours and then move on. I love what I do, and hate to see everyone tarred with the same brush. Okay, now I'll climb off my soapbox!
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 AM

I was a real estate salesperson and I too felt I needed to be upfront with the people I was selling to. I represtented the seller but that did not mean I cheated or lied to the buyers. I think most people are honest and caring.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:33 PM

Thanks for your comments hope2be. I appreciate hearing from you.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It's just like us teachers....everyone expects us to be perfect.

We strive to be the best in our field and cover all bases.

We invest a lot of time, exert a lot of energy, and gather a lot of information and use that to help and teach others. However, being humans, we might miss the mark occasionally.

Like some parents who believe that all learning takes place in the classroom...you need to be responsible and take it beyond the classroom. In other words, we all need to be held accountable for what effects us. Don't blame others for lack of effort or research on your part.

I believe that most real estate agents do the best they can because their reputation is on the line. They are human, like us teachers, and shouldn't be held totally and completely responsible for every and all things.

Just think....in your career life, were you 100% on every issue?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.