Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Sage
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletog
are there other areas of the Villages that are affected by the trains or just the village of Chatham?
The train can be heard in most of the Villages on the western edge of TV. For many people it is not a problem. Chatham happens to be the closest Village to the tracks. Jan's problem is more unique because he backs on the tracks and open space, and there is no buffer. :dontknow: My heart goes out to Jan and his wife.

We can hear the train from our home in TV but we are further from the tracks than in Chatham. We like the sound. Many in our neighbourhood feel the same way.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Sage

Jan:

Your situation is not what you intended and is costly in many ways.

However, you are certainly not alone in being worked over.

We recently went through a "termite inspection" repair on our planned summer home in Norcal that had an original estimated cost of $25k that, after two years of pure hell, ended up costing over $125 K and involved litigation, insinuated bodily harm, contractor bankruptcy, etc, etc. With having to making up the $100K, the housing bust, not being able to sell our Norcal home and the stock market slide, it looks like our plans to hang it up this winter will be delayed for a while.

At least you made it to TV!

Feel Better?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Gold member

[quote=chuckinca ]
Jan:

Your situation is not what you intended and is costly in many ways.

However, you are certainly not alone in being worked over.

We recently went through a "termite inspection" repair on our planned summer home in Norcal that had an original estimated cost of $25k that, after two years of pure hell, ended up costing over $125 K and involved litigation, insinuated bodily harm, contractor bankruptcy, etc, etc. With having to making up the $100K, the housing bust, not being able to sell our Norcal home and the stock market slide, it looks like our plans to hang it up this winter will be delayed for a while.

At least you made it to TV!

Feel Better?

[/quote Someone once taught me that if you loose 1 arm and are distraught, you will not "feel better" discovering your neighbor lost 2 arms. The, "my misery is worse than yours" usually does nothing to console someone who has been wronged. Everyone in this thread is upset by the lying, deceit and greed of the real estate agent and the impact it had on these people.]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.