Golf Cart Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Sage
Default Golf Cart Insurance

I was talking with an insurance agent today about various things and the topic of golf cart insurance came up. I thought everyone who owned a golf cart had insurance for it. She told me that I would be surprised by the number of Villagers who own carts and do not have insurance. She told me of the people she talks with about golf cart insurance about 25% say it is unnecessary and do not have insurance on the cart.

The agent said all you have to do is to watch television and guess why there are so many ambulance chaser ads. The people around this area are going to sue big time in case of any accident. Imagine having all you worked and saved for being taken away for one careless moment in your golf cart - or for letting the grandkids talk you into letting them use it unsupervised!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I was talking with an insurance agent today about various things and the topic of golf cart insurance came up. I thought everyone who owned a golf cart had insurance for it. She told me that I would be surprised by the number of Villagers who own carts and do not have insurance. She told me of the people she talks with about golf cart insurance about 25% say it is unnecessary and do not have insurance on the cart.
Buggy, I don't doubt your post, but it's hard to believe that anyone our age would drive an uninsured car, or an uninsured golf cart. The repercussions could ruin your life forever!

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-05-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

We pay about $60 for 2 golf carts through Foremost obtained by The Villages Insurance. It's a no brainer. Includes liability, bodily injury, property damage plus collision.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
hard to believe that anyone our age would drive an uninsured car, or an uninsured golf cart. The repercussions could ruin your life forever!
Sort of like smoking?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Default Umbrella policy too.

In addition to golf cart insurance and car insurance, I also have a $1,000,000 umbrella policy through Villages Insurance, which costs about $200 per year. In this society that is so quick to litigate every issue, it is my opinion that one cannot be too well insured.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.