Use of green space for party

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Last edited by Velvet; 04-13-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
You obviously don't understand ownership here in TV. Open spaces are mostly owned by the district. That means "private property".
Thanks for the condescending reply. I appreciate it. I think I'm a little familiar with what open spaces mean. Again, I refer to the unofficial dog park along Morse. Isn't that "Open spaces" owned by the district? If so, why haven't they posted signs, or erected fences to keep people out? So by your logic, if you are on the MMP, and pull over on the grass to make a call, look at a map, etc, are you on "private property" and as a result, breaking the law? How about the fishing that takes place on and around the ponds here in The Villages? Is that also illegal?

Last edited by photo1902; 04-01-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Remember the controversy regarding the green space along Morse Blvd. that dog owners and home owners had the “big battle” a few months ago?
We do not have a dog or a golf cart and we do not live near that area you mention, but I think the issue was resolved.

People were parking their carts and letting their dogs run around right behind one of the properties, so the villages management told cart and dog owners to stay off that piece of property. The cart and dog owners appealed that decision, so the management told them they could park there and keep their dogs on a leash, but to not do it near the homeowner's back yard. At least that is what we heard.

When we drive by that area, I see carts parked there and I do not see dogs off leash. They also stay well away from the homeowner. It looks like the situation was resolved.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

If one wants to use an open space to have a gathering go to a rec center pavilion, a park, or a preserve of some sort. Why inconvenience neighbors to use a property that has questionable use and access?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
The "unofficial dog park" on Morse is not fenced so assumptions are made about it without sanction.
The unofficial dog park has had a lot of scrutiny the past couple years. The Villages threatened to fence it off, not because of the dogs but because the owners were driving and parking their golf carts on the field and destroying the grass. Instead, The Villages got lenient and built several golf cart parking spots next to the field so dog owners could use it without taking their carts onto the property. I shook my head the other day when I rode by there and nobody had parked their carts in the spaces and they were all down on the field with their carts. If that space gets fenced off in the future, The Villages made every effort to appease the dog owners yet some continued to abuse it.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Thanks for the condescending reply. I appreciate it. I think I'm a little familiar with what open spaces mean. Again, I refer to the unofficial dog park along Morse. Isn't that "Open spaces" owned by the district? If so, why haven't they posted signs, or erected fences to keep people out? So by your logic, if you are on the MMP, and pull over on the grass to make a call, look at a map, etc, are you on "private property" and as a result, breaking the law? How about the fishing that takes place on and around the ponds here in The Villages? Is that also illegal?
Space paid for by bonds which residents paid for, unless somebody refunds my bond then the space is public property. You don’t own land all way to retention ponds, if it has public access and no fishing signs they can fish.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Remember the controversy regarding the green space along Morse Blvd. that dog owners and home owners had the “big battle” a few months ago?
Home owners did NOT own this property, can I say the noise from golfer can’t use the course behind my house? NO it not my property
Old 04-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Where you can and cannot fish.
https://districtgov.org/departments/...nformation.pdf
Old 04-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Space paid for by bonds which residents paid for, unless somebody refunds my bond then the space is public property. You don’t own land all way to retention ponds, if it has public access and no fishing signs they can fish.
Paying the bond does not give you ownership. It is simply fullfilling a contract that you signed when you bought your home.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, space, houses, nestled, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.