Use Ya Blinkah!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

On my wish list, I have another seatbelt (we have the passenger one already) and turn signal that makes noise - I see it fine but forget to turn it off when I am watching the road so a "noise maker" will help. Now I will add to my list a strip of LED lights to my turn-signals because the regular light is so small. I wish everybody would have brighter turn signals because, unless its in the evening, its so hard to see what other people are doing.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 PM

I'm with ya on that one !!!! being from Wista Ma !!! Ha Ha
Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Had liquid lights install LED's horizontally on the front and side of the cart and around the mirrors so hopefully I can be seen and I can see the indicators around the mirrors.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-26-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I ALWAYS use headphones....but, I don't stick my arm out to turn like it's 1950... I used those new fangled things called electronic turn signals...
Probably because I'm still relatively new, but the hand signals some use when approaching a merge I find helpful. Just one more way to try to alert the auto driver of the merge.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
I ALWAYS use headphones....but, I don't stick my arm out to turn like it's 1950... I used those new fangled things called electronic turn signals...
Is it only me, or are some of the blinkers on golf carts so dim that they are barely visible in the daylight? If so, a little bit of 1950's arm signaling couldn't hurt.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
When you move about The Villages (by car, cart, bike, rocket, plane, baby buggy, on foot, etc) always assume that everyone is trying to kill you. This includes the trucks, cars, carts, bikes, pedestrians, baby buggies, dogs, gators, wild boars, cats, wild cats, birds and love bugs. Follow that simple rule and you may live until it is time to bury you.
Good post!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
Probably because I'm still relatively new, but the hand signals some use when approaching a merge I find helpful. Just one more way to try to alert the auto driver of the merge.
I agree. Most arms are larger than turn signals. I need every break I can get. Golf cart vs auto is never a good outcome.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
I agree....hand signals that are in addition to electronic is helpful during daylight hours, but hand signals should not be the only signal given.

Too often, I see folks using hand signals at night, rather than the electronic...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

I'm too occupied entering info. in my GPS, texting , answering cell, loading cd player and putting a movie in the DVD, to use my turn signals.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 AM

Long ago I was a snowbird and noticed the lack of using signals when I first came down here...
Later, I noticed, the lack of this and that of the youth....then I realized I sounded just like my mother did!! When I was much younger
"Oh, why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way...."
Old 01-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
Most of these people have been driving for miles with their blinkers on and have simply ran out of turning fluid.
and when I replace my blinker fluid I go with synthetic, not the cheap stuff.

The Villages Florida

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
and when I replace my blinker fluid I go with synthetic, not the cheap stuff.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueclark View Post
While walking out and about in our neighborhood myself and also with my dogs, I cannot believe the discourteous, rude drivers who do not use their directional signals at intersections, and also just blow through stop signs, without even slowing down. This was a major topic of discussion up in New England last year, so all the electric signs on the Mass. Pike had a message which read "Use Ya Blinkah!" I even use, maybe overuse, my blinker around the rotaries so people know where I am going, no guessing games! Takes a second to flick the lever. Maybe some of the speed limit machines along Buena Vista, Morse 466, 441, etc. can have that message added. Thoughts??
The circles are the worse ever. Traffic would move so much more smoothly if drivers would use their turn signals to indicate their intentions. I have no doubt when I say that 75% of the drivers never use their turn signal in the circles.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
In addition to all the above, I find the blinkers on the golf carts inadequate in size. They are VERY hard to see especially in bright sunlight. Does someone know if larger, bolder blinker lights are available?
A company called Liquid Lights here in the villages will install on the front of your cart. LED bright white daytime running lights with an Amber switch back. When you use your directionals the LED Amber will flash. They are about 18 in long and can be mounted on the front below or above your headlights. Around 120 or so installed at your house. They have a website with all the info.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
The circles are the worse ever. Traffic would move so much more smoothly if drivers would use their turn signals to indicate their intentions. I have no doubt when I say that 75% of the drivers never use their turn signal in the circles.
Warren, you are absolutely right! Most of the drivers who don't signal in the circles are, also, victimized by other drivers who do it to them. For safety's sake, and expediting traffic, we should all be as predictable as possible.

I think your estimate, based on my anecdotal observations, is highly understated. I believe the actual percentage is over 90%.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.