Usercp

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Default Usercp

Good morning. I like the talkofthevillages website. Learn some things that I didn't know.

I also like that we have control over who we can see. There is an edit ignore list. Then you just put their name in (example: XxXxXxXx) and you never have to be bothered by this person again.

It is a great function. And I feel relieved that I don't have to see someone's comments who just tries to get reactions out of others. I am sure people use multiple accounts, but we can tell who they are.

So, thank you TalkoftheVillages for this feature. I can go back to my enjoyment of the true great people who post here.

So, remember. Usercp on the top left of the website, then 'edit ignore list'. Of, feel free to ignore me if I ever offend you.

Last edited by Chi33; 05-16-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Gold member

In all honesty, why would anyone want to ignore another person.

If someone is blatantly abusing you, then I understand.

Everyone has there own ideas, and every ones ideas are allowed to be represented and shared on this website.

In my life, every ones opinion matters...

some I agree with, some I don't, but ignorance is not bliss.

just my opinion...
Old 05-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post

If someone is blatantly abusing you, then I understand.

Everyone has there own ideas, and every ones ideas are allowed to be represented and shared on this website.

In my life, every ones opinion matters...

some I agree with, some I don't, but ignorance is not bliss.

just my opinion...

On the other hand, some people are simply more emotionally fragile and certain posters rub them the wrong way...and it benefits them to put them on ignore.

"To each their own"...I say.

Besides, you can always 'peek' at their posts.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Good morning. I like the talkofthevillages website. Learn some things that I didn't know.

I also like that we have control over who we can see. There is an edit ignore list. Then you just put their name in (example: ColdNoMore) and you never have to be bothered by this person again.

It is a great function. And I feel relieved that I don't have to see someone's comments who just tries to get reactions out of others. I am sure people use multiple accounts, but we can tell who they are.

So, thank you TalkoftheVillages for this feature. I can go back to my enjoyment of the true great people who post here.

So, remember. Usercp on the top left of the website, then 'edit ignore list'. Of, feel free to ignore me if I ever offend you.
Thanks Chi33, excellent post. I did the same thing last night. How peaceful it will be. Ahhhh.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post

I also like that we have control over who we can see. There is an edit ignore list. Then you just put their name in (example: ColdNoMore) and you never have to be bothered by this person again.

How does one access the ignore function on Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Platinum member

I wish I could put Johnny Miller on ignore.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
For the same reason you might avoid a person who constantly complains about trivial matters. Or someone who often changes your mood downwards rather than lifting your spirits. Everyone has a right to express themselves, and everyone has a right to choose who to listen to.

When I started using the ignore list, my enjoyment of this sight improved.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 05-12-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage

To me it’s not a matter of being offended. Some just post so much drivel and junk I get tired of wading through it.
Closed Thread

Tags
ignore, usercp, great, feel, edit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.