Utility Tub

Utility Tub

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Utility Tub
Old 09-07-2019, 10:05 AM

Default Utility Tub

We are planning on building a new Designer home in TV in the near future. We are planning on modifying a Woodside model and have spent a lot of time tweaking the base model.

Do you find that you use your utility tub in the laundry room? Just wondering if we really need one or not.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage

That would be high on a priority list. Storage cabinet underneath is handy also. Not only utilitarian but a
resale plus.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2019, 10:35 AM

We find the utility tub in the garage very handy. We use it everyday. Many of our neighbors have the tub in the garage as well.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:40 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

You may be disappointed in what you can change. Make sure you communicate with your REP

Visit my website for GREAT information about The Villages Florida www.LyleGant.com

Old 09-07-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
We find the utility tub in the garage very handy. We use it everyday. Many of our neighbors have the tub in the garage as well.
I like the tub in the garage idea. Guessing that’s not too many times we have to worry about freezing in the garage that would affect the plumbing.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Gold member

We removed from the laundry room because storage is premium, we added a cabinet, in our model home. Husband doesn't do much yard work or painting, and a hose will fit the bill. Future owner could restore utility sink if they like, we do not miss it.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

If you wash your own floors you need to fill a bucket, rinse the mop, etc. I would say I'm at our laundry room tub 6 or more times a day doing something in there. As far as having it in the garage, mine is full and I wouldn't want it out there and it's just too hot out there but that's just me.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Gold member

This is my first home with a utility sink and I absolutely LOVE it. I don't know how I ever lived without one. Well, actually I do. I used my kitchen sink for everything I use my utility sink for. But.....there are things I use my utility sink for that I would not dream of using my kitchen sink for. Those things would be hosed down by a garden hose.

Long story short.....the utility sink in our air conditioned laundry room is a huge plus for me. I, personally, would not want to live without one now that I've had the experience of having one.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannbarr View Post
We are planning on building a new Designer home in TV in the near future. We are planning on modifying a Woodside model and have spent a lot of time tweaking the base model.

Do you find that you use your utility tub in the laundry room? Just wondering if we really need one or not.

Thanks for your feedback.
I use mine frequently. I have an Iris and the tub is in my garage.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milano and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 09-08-2019, 05:19 AM
Sage

Have one in the laundry room, very useful

Tags
utility, model, tub, planning, room