Utility Tub

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Default Utility Tub

We are planning on building a new Designer home in TV in the near future. We are planning on modifying a Woodside model and have spent a lot of time tweaking the base model.

Do you find that you use your utility tub in the laundry room? Just wondering if we really need one or not.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

That would be high on a priority list. Storage cabinet underneath is handy also. Not only utilitarian but a
resale plus.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 10:35 AM

We find the utility tub in the garage very handy. We use it everyday. Many of our neighbors have the tub in the garage as well.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
We find the utility tub in the garage very handy. We use it everyday. Many of our neighbors have the tub in the garage as well.
I like the tub in the garage idea. Guessing that’s not too many times we have to worry about freezing in the garage that would affect the plumbing.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Gold member

We removed from the laundry room because storage is premium, we added a cabinet, in our model home. Husband doesn't do much yard work or painting, and a hose will fit the bill. Future owner could restore utility sink if they like, we do not miss it.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

If you wash your own floors you need to fill a bucket, rinse the mop, etc. I would say I'm at our laundry room tub 6 or more times a day doing something in there. As far as having it in the garage, mine is full and I wouldn't want it out there and it's just too hot out there but that's just me.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

This is my first home with a utility sink and I absolutely LOVE it. I don't know how I ever lived without one. Well, actually I do. I used my kitchen sink for everything I use my utility sink for. But.....there are things I use my utility sink for that I would not dream of using my kitchen sink for. Those things would be hosed down by a garden hose.

Long story short.....the utility sink in our air conditioned laundry room is a huge plus for me. I, personally, would not want to live without one now that I've had the experience of having one.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannbarr View Post
We are planning on building a new Designer home in TV in the near future. We are planning on modifying a Woodside model and have spent a lot of time tweaking the base model.

Do you find that you use your utility tub in the laundry room? Just wondering if we really need one or not.

Thanks for your feedback.
I use mine frequently. I have an Iris and the tub is in my garage.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 09-08-2019, 05:19 AM
Sage

Have one in the laundry room, very useful
Old 09-08-2019, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Never had one before, now I would not be without it in the garage. Use it for every kind of cleaning job. It's big enough and deep enough to soak big cooking pans, e.g. turkey pans at holidays. I also use a slow cooker in the winter and that gets washed in that sink. I have a really big electric grill which is my summer kitchen and that gets washed there. Loads of other uses. My other half uses it for cleaning paint brushes etc. Once you have one you find you are using it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

I have a utility tub in my laundry room and use it every day. They are soooo useful in many ways.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Thanks for everyone's feedback. We are going to include one in our laundry room which we can use for many things including filling up the dog's water bowl everyday. Almost forgot about them.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:16 AM

If I were building new I would put one in the laundry room with a cabinet and one in the garage as well! That way I won't make a wrong decision, lol!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,948 Times in 1,705 Posts

I paint on canvass couldn’t be without one.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default My two cents worth-for free

The OP seems to be having a new home built. The cost of putting in a garage sink I would expect is far less than doing it after the home is finished. Should you get one and then later decide it was a bad choice, capping the pipes will be, should be, minimal cost.

You should beware of what you dump down that sink. The plumbing is plastic. Some chemicals can and will damage the plastic. Of course you would never dump gasoline or paint solvent
down there. But too many people in the real world do not always do as they should.
Closed Thread

Tags
utility, model, tub, planning, room

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.