Vacation Exchange

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Eternal Member
Default Vacation Exchange

It has been three days and I have yet to see anything about the article about the Vacation Exchange that was in the Monday Daily Sun.

Am I the only one that does not think that this is a breach of the Village rules?

Personally it offends me. I bought into the Villages as a 55 and over community. I know that I an supposed to be happy that grandkids have a 30 day window. I can live with that. I not think that we should allow any non-village related people to come here except as a guest of a villager on the premises.

If we do not put our foot down, we will end up being a resort area for anyone.

Am I the only one?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

Z
You have brought up a very good point.
This is very different than grandchildren, nieces and nephews et al visiting from time to time.
Wonder if anyone else has an opinion.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Very good point. I did take note of the article and wondered how that was possible. I wonder if they had guest passes or resident passes (as in renters)?Could someone "rent" their home to someone with children for a month?
Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
Founder

I hadn't thought of that, but you are correct. It does make sense for the developer to advocate that however. It's a way for people to be exposed to the villages and develop an appetite for living here. But at what expense? It is turning the Villages into a vacation destination rather than a "hometown" community.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Platinum member

There is no rule that states children have to be related to someone living in the villages. There is no rule that they have to be visiting someone at all.

The rule is 30 days....the article in the paper says the visit was "about a month"...to me this says it was less than 30 days...but perhaps it's just how I read it.

They obviously enjoyed themselves, felt welcome by the villagers in Poinciana and were able to have a nice vacation. Personally I think it is a smart idea....

Would this have been any different if grandma was down the street?

Children are allowed to visit The Villages for up to 30 days a year....it doesn't sound like they had any complaints about them staying there....otherwise I can't imagine the article would be allowed.

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...villages01.txt

Suzy Toronto
Old 05-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

People who live in The Villages rent out their homes to outsiders all the time. There has never been a rule against that. Having the people come in on a vacation exchange is really no different. And you can see by the article in the paper, that they had nothing but good things to say about TV. They will take that good news back with them, and spread by word of mouth what a great place this is. Great advertising.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I cant figure out what the issue is.....people rent their homes out all the time and during the summer I bet a fair number of kids are living living here. The only issue "may" be guest passes but for 30 days or less its a moot point. Article was very positive about the Villages and who knows some day maybe this couple or someone they know in SA could be residents of TV as a result.

Maybe I should be happy that I have other things to worry about !

Last edited by 784caroline; 05-20-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.