Valuable and helpful things I learned on my visit.

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Default Valuable and helpful things I learned on my visit.

1. thevillages.net will allow you to join site prorated for the amount of time you are in TV. This site allows you to set up tee times in a simple method online. 6$ a month well worth it.

2. Tee times after 4PM on championship courses (country clubs) called the third wave (formerly call twilight golf) 9$ with a resident ID and 11$ for guests for nine holes. I am certain this is a summer rate but what a deal.

3. Cody's 2-1 drinks 11-7 PM = 2 Long Island Ice teas 9$ or many others. Ask your waiter or waitress to bring them one at a time or they will bring two at once. Live music on the patio 5-8 PM.

4. Favorite restaurant Mezza Luna Italian was very good food including Pizza for a reasonable price with incredible service. They are located in Colony shopping center which is accessible by golf car. Fabian the manager will thank you for supporting them.

5. JJ golf cart rental not only delivered and picked up the golf car but we called about adding an eighth day and they said no problem and no charge. 88$ for 7 days late model Yamaha gas.

6. Prorated trail pass through the sales office or on thevillages.net for the days we were visiting 20$ prorated for my wife and I meant no cost to take cart on Executive courses.

7. Fishing, I didn't catch anything however I did see a 3 foot snake, multiple gators, great scenery, and conversations with local fisherman working some of the ponds. 11$ for three days at Walmart for the license.

8. Canoes free with a library card Lake Miona park. Call the library for Sumter county located in TV for information. Canoe, paddles and life vests checked out for use free can't beat that deal.

9. Russell Stover candy outlet store, look it up and stop in worth your time. Finish the visit off with a Salted caramel sundae for 4$ you will not be dissappointed.

10. Crystal River beautiful water rented tandem kayak for three hours 40$. Manatee gather here during certain times of the year and I would love to return for that. The water , scenery and the work out was worth it especially finished off with daily caught fresh catches served at the Crab Plant restaurant.

11. Golf car rides from 7-8 PM every evening to Brownwood or Sumter..Priceless

12. Before the visit I saw that pools were limiting time. We never saw this and visited the Fernandina pool every day. Sign said 41 person limit on the gate we never saw more than 15.

13. Open Houses every day for you to pursue your dream home. Do not think TV realtors will be objective just appreciate their well rehearsed responses and there is never any pressure.

Just my opinions not a paid sponsor. Have a great day!

Last edited by Craig Vernon; 08-08-2020 at 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling out thevillages.net
Old 08-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Old 08-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
1. TV.net will allow you to join site prorated for the amount of time you are in TV. This site allows you to set up tee times in a simple method online. 6$ a month well worth it.

2. Tee times after 4PM on championship courses (country clubs) called the third wave (formerly call twilight golf) 9$ with a resident ID and 11$ for guests for nine holes. I am certain this is a summer rate but what a deal.

3. Cody's 2-1 drinks 11-7 PM = 2 Long Island Ice teas 9$ or many others. Ask your waiter or waitress to bring them one at a time or they will bring two at once. Live music on the patio 5-8 PM.

4. Favorite restaurant Mezza Luna Italian was very good food including Pizza for a reasonable price with incredible service. They are located in Colony shopping center which is accessible by golf car. Fabian the manager will thank you for supporting them.

5. JJ golf cart rental not only delivered and picked up the golf car but we called about adding an eighth day and they said no problem and no charge. 88$ for 7 days late model Yamaha gas.

6. Prorated trail pass through the sales office or on TV.net for the days we were visiting 20$ prorated for my wife and I meant no cost to take cart on Executive courses.

7. Fishing, I didn't catch anything however I did see a 3 foot snake, multiple gators, great scenery, and conversations with local fisherman working some of the ponds. 11$ for three days at Walmart for the license.

8. Canoes free with a library card Lake Miona park. Call the library for Sumter county located in TV for information. Canoe, paddles and life vests checked out for use free can't beat that deal.

9. Russell Stover candy outlet store, look it up and stop in worth your time. Finish the visit off with a Salted caramel sundae for 4$ you will not be dissappointed.

10. Crystal River beautiful water rented tandem kayak for three hours 40$. Manatee gather here during certain times of the year and I would love to return for that. The water , scenery and the work out was worth it especially finished off with daily caught fresh catches served at the Crab Plant restaurant.

11. Golf car rides from 7-8 PM every evening to Brownwood or Sumter..Priceless

12. Before the visit I saw that pools were limiting time. We never saw this and visited the Fernandina pool every day. Sign said 41 person limit on the gate we never saw more than 15.

13. Open Houses every day for you to pursue your dream home. Do not think TV realtors will be objective just appreciate their well rehearsed responses and there is never any pressure.

Just my opinions not a paid sponsor. Have a great day!
I didn't know about the canoes at Lake Miona! That's amazing.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

So nice to see a happy post, from a first visit perspective. Been here since 07, didn’t know about the canoes. The prepaid prorated trail fees is new this year due to Covid. So happy that guests can now play. Hopefully next time you come back there will be some classes to attend, to really give you a real feel of how it’s like here. For most squares after the initial start, are fun, then a year or so later you usually take a guest to show them around.

Last edited by thelegges; 08-02-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:33 AM

Just so new readers don't get confused:

URL is thevillages.net or TheVillages.net

NOT TV.net

Great post.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 08-03-2020, 06:11 AM

Great info - thanks for sharing!
Old 08-03-2020, 06:31 AM

We also just returned after spending a month near Sumter Landing and found several fun things to do. We enjoyed visiting the remote control boats and cars, drones, the air gun practice, the beautiful sunsets at Sunset Park, walking the boardwalk at the preserve, walking onto the pitch and putt, visiting all of the country clubs and rec centers, and making great friends while social distancing at GarVino’s. We also look forward to returning once we are able to participate in the clubs and other activities.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the info. One thing to add to your bucket list for next time Silver Springs State Park – World Famous Glass Bottom Boats See you next time in The Villages!
Old 08-03-2020, 06:38 AM

If you’re visiting The Villages and are looking for places to shop check out this video On my YouTube channel

Shopping in The Villages | There is so much more to living in The Villages. It's not all about Golf - YouTube
Old 08-03-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Just so new readers don't get confused:

URL is thevillages.net or TheVillages.net

NOT TV.net

Great post.
And it’s $8 per month. Best $8 you will spend.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lions View Post
And it’s $8 per month. Best $8 you will spend.
I agree. During our first rental visit, I thought I would just go ahead and use the telephone system to set up tee times and what a nightmare that was. Signing up for TheVillages.net was probably the best thing we did and is one of the first things we've done on our subsequent visits. We just wish that this pandemic would get under control, so we can come down and get serious about choosing our home and can become frogs, sooner rather than later.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I've also enjoyed the free guided bus tours out of the squares. Saw a woman on the Sumter one that had taken it dozens of times! HAHA
Old 08-03-2020, 07:27 AM

Thank you for taking the time to share the information.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, day, time, worth, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.