Valuable and helpful things I learned on my visit.

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are gonna like havin' you'uns here.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Default Valuable and helpful things I learned on my visit.

Thanks for the info! I have lived here for a year, now, but didn't know some of this. I appreciate you taking the time to enlighten me!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn1963 View Post
If you’re visiting The Villages and are looking for places to shop check out this video On my YouTube channel

Shopping in The Villages | There is so much more to living in The Villages. It's not all about Golf - YouTube
Just checked out the video and subscribed. I enjoy looking at different videos about the Villages. Thank you!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:11 AM

It's not necessary to "reply with a quote" when the post is right above your response.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvercane View Post
It's not necessary to "reply with a quote" when the post is right above your response.
Yes it is necessary because often others will reply before your post actually gets posted.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Yes it is necessary because often others will reply before your post actually gets posted.
exactly
Old 08-03-2020, 10:40 AM

When I got your tv.net link I get something very different
Old 08-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshaw View Post
When I got your tv.net link I get something very different
See post #7
Old 08-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
1. TV.net will allow you to join site prorated for the amount of time you are in TV. This site allows you to set up tee times in a simple method online. 6$ a month well worth it.

2. Tee times after 4PM on championship courses (country clubs) called the third wave (formerly call twilight golf) 9$ with a resident ID and 11$ for guests for nine holes. I am certain this is a summer rate but what a deal.

3. Cody's 2-1 drinks 11-7 PM = 2 Long Island Ice teas 9$ or many others. Ask your waiter or waitress to bring them one at a time or they will bring two at once. Live music on the patio 5-8 PM.

4. Favorite restaurant Mezza Luna Italian was very good food including Pizza for a reasonable price with incredible service. They are located in Colony shopping center which is accessible by golf car. Fabian the manager will thank you for supporting them.

5. JJ golf cart rental not only delivered and picked up the golf car but we called about adding an eighth day and they said no problem and no charge. 88$ for 7 days late model Yamaha gas.

6. Prorated trail pass through the sales office or on TV.net for the days we were visiting 20$ prorated for my wife and I meant no cost to take cart on Executive courses.

7. Fishing, I didn't catch anything however I did see a 3 foot snake, multiple gators, great scenery, and conversations with local fisherman working some of the ponds. 11$ for three days at Walmart for the license.

8. Canoes free with a library card Lake Miona park. Call the library for Sumter county located in TV for information. Canoe, paddles and life vests checked out for use free can't beat that deal.

9. Russell Stover candy outlet store, look it up and stop in worth your time. Finish the visit off with a Salted caramel sundae for 4$ you will not be dissappointed.

10. Crystal River beautiful water rented tandem kayak for three hours 40$. Manatee gather here during certain times of the year and I would love to return for that. The water , scenery and the work out was worth it especially finished off with daily caught fresh catches served at the Crab Plant restaurant.

11. Golf car rides from 7-8 PM every evening to Brownwood or Sumter..Priceless

12. Before the visit I saw that pools were limiting time. We never saw this and visited the Fernandina pool every day. Sign said 41 person limit on the gate we never saw more than 15.

13. Open Houses every day for you to pursue your dream home. Do not think TV realtors will be objective just appreciate their well rehearsed responses and there is never any pressure.

Just my opinions not a paid sponsor. Have a great day!
The 41 number on pool occupancy was before COVID, now 10 - 15 and I’ve been told request 1 hour stay. I don’t use pools as I have my own. Also there are much better Italian restaurants that or golf cart accessible then Mezzanine Luna, that is why owner/manager thanks you for your support. Glad you enjoyed ur visit but remember when you return to purchase the sales reps may not be as helpful. They work for the developer and have a single purpose - SELL NEW HOMES south of 44.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:46 AM

It is Thevillages.net for tee times.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
The 41 number on pool occupancy was before COVID, now 10 - 15 and I’ve been told request 1 hour stay. I don’t use pools as I have my own. Also there are much better Italian restaurants that or golf cart accessible then Mezzanine Luna, that is why owner/manager thanks you for your support. Glad you enjoyed ur visit but remember when you return to purchase the sales reps may not be as helpful. They work for the developer and have a single purpose - SELL NEW HOMES south of 44.
Our neighborhood pool usually has 10 people or less and they are nicely distanced. In any case never been anyone to tell folks to leave after any period of time.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:05 PM

Based on this post we tried Mezza Luna tonight and was very pleased. The food was delicious, the staff were very friendly and the service excellent. Thanks
Old 08-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I've also enjoyed the free guided bus tours out of the squares. Saw a woman on the Sumter one that had taken it dozens of times! HAHA
Cannot wait for that to come back. Been here 6 months now and know and have seen a lot but so much more to be seen.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Default Great feedback and input. Thanks everyone.

I corrected thevillages.net I originally put it in as TV.net because I wasn't sure I was allowed to spell it out. Glad someone enjoyed Mezza Luna we certainly did. Next visit I have to try the trolley tour have heard many times how good it is. Thanks Everyone!

Tags
golf, day, time, worth, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.