VCDD & Citizens Bank

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwntrstn View Post
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
I've had absolutely no problem with Auto Pay for VCDD, SECO, and TECO bills. But then I'm using Chase Bank. But I can't imagine Citizen's not allowing it. You might check with them. Might have also been some error when you were setting up the VCDD account with the bank routing No. and account No. You might check with VCDD to see what they have to say.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:12 AM

We have 2 houses in TV, we set up the auto deduct for the monthly CDD bill thru TV, it comes out off Citizens Checking, both at N/C.
Also schedule the monthly mortgage payment transfer at Citizens, works just fine.
No problems with Citizens at all, just take time to set it up properly.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:32 AM

I moved $100K into Citizens First from my eTrade retirement account so I could close on the Villages house before getting my money from sale of the one in Virginia. After the dust settled I wanted to move it back into my eTrade account and was told I can only move money $2000 a day. Say what? So I drove to Altemont to my Navy Federal branch, deposited a check there, then moved it from Navy bank to eTrade. Ridiculous.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
What? I moved here with my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s for support and health care. I have never been entitled in my life. Worked for everything I have. Yes, I’m complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here.
I am sorry you feel this way. May I suggest you change banks. We use Wells Fargo and I pay VCCD, Seco, Citizens First etc thru bill pay. I receive Emails from VCCD, Seco and others with bill. Citizens sends a paper bill which I also pay thru bill pay at Wells Fargo. Citizens will not accept electronic payments so my bank mails a check to their post office box. No one says you must use Citizens as your bank even if you have a mortgage. Just a thought. May you have a blessed day and find easier transition to FL.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
My VCDD is auto deducted but we stay away from Citizens Bank. We stay away from The Villagers owned companies to give business to the competitors whether its banking, insurance etc.
Because........????????

Which then begs the question of why you bought here?
Old 07-31-2021, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Yes, and posting a laughing emoji isn't nice either. Whatever went wrong for him, he is frustrated and now has to pay a late fee. I'd be ****ed also. If you don't have a helpful suggestion, your always sarcastic input is not necessary.
Nor yours.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

After reading too many horror stories of trying to stop 'auto-pay' (where the business automatically deducts from your account), even after the charges are no longer applicable, we're perfectly happy having set up 'bill-pay' through BOA. That way we can choose the date we want the bill paid (and from which account) and if the bill is no longer valid, we don't have to fight with the vendor on getting it stopped in a timely manner, before they've taken additional money out - then have to fight with them to get reimbursed. The only checks we write these days, are the ones included with birthday/congrats cards to the kids and grand-kids, so that we can write a little something personal in the 'For' section at the bottom of the check.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
If you are with Citizens Bank, you have the ability to electronic check write. I have not written a check (other than birthdays and occasions) since 1988. Electronic check write in every bank I have seen is very easy and safer than writing checks or auto deduct. Too many times errors are made by your creditors that auto pay would not catch and if you did not make a weekly effort, neither would you. The safety is also there for being charged late fees. I automatically have every account that I pay each month set up for at least a minimun amount for that reason. Mortgage loan payments, and other constant charges are set up to automatically pay by my electronic checking. I take about 4-5 minutes a month to pay all other bills that i get, including credit cards that will vary each month. The world is upto date with this century, it seem you are merely lazy and want to let your creditors do your finances.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Don’t know what you mean. I’m a citizen’s bank customer and every bill is autu deducted and has been for the last 3 years. If your having trouble go into a branch. They are very helpful
Old 07-31-2021, 03:14 PM

I’m not sure what problems you’ve had but we hardly write any checks. Everything is either automatically deducted from our Citizen’s account or an automated draft is sent from Citizens for fixed monthly charges.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:49 AM

Sounds like someone isn’t with the times...😀. No problem here as everything is auto and electronic. No worries.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:42 PM
Default Bill Pay

Quote:
Just get your bank to show you Bill Pay and they pay when you tell them at no charge. Every bank has this, that way you pay when you choose. Like one of mine doesn't except electronically so the bank mails them a check its great.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,682 Times in 5,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys37Packard View Post
Sounds like someone isn’t with the times...😀. No problem here as everything is auto and electronic. No worries.
I have been using online banking and making Echeck payments for many years. But, I log in to my bank and authorize individual payments that I owe. "Autopay" is different because the merchant, contractor, or utility company can access your bank account and make payments to themselves without any action by you. This method is also not new. However, what is new is that some companies have established a policy that they will not do business with you unless you consent to their autopay schedule and system. It may be the sign of the times, but I, for one, do not think it should be allowed, especially for essential services.
Closed Thread

Tags
vcdd, bank, districtgov, didn’t, ticked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.