Vehicle Registration...

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Default Vehicle Registration...

Will be arriving soon full time in TV. I will have to register my 2012 Scion TC and a 2012 Jayco Class C motor home. Any idea how much it will cost to plate and register each vehicle? We are just trying of estimate our cost. I tried to locate info on the internet to no avail. Any info will be helpful...perhaps your own experience.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:41 AM

We registered 2 vehichles in oct. cost per car was 400.00,plus around 60.00 each for drivers lic.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 AM
Platinum member

I will be registering my Mini Cooper on Monday. I hear the cost is a shade under $500. When you go to motor vehicles, be sure to bring proof of insurance and TITLE.
I did try to register my Mini in NYagain, as I am not sure where my Mini will end up as my registration expired but without a NYS inspection, I was not allowed to.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 AM
Sage

Hey Tom, didn't know you had Mini,
Old 03-30-2013, 06:43 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I will be registering my Mini Cooper on Monday. I hear the cost is a shade under $500. When you go to motor vehicles, be sure to bring proof of insurance and TITLE.
I did try to register my Mini in NYagain, as I am not sure where my Mini will end up as my registration expired but without a NYS inspection, I was not allowed to.
Tom, this didn't sound right to me as I had issued temporary inspection stickers many times when I was a Supervising MV Rep with the NYS DMV.

Being retired now for about 11 years I checked to see if this is still the case and found may be. I quote "If you must renew the registration before you get a NYS inspection, call 1-518-402-2111." from the departments website at NYS DMV - Vehicle Safety, Inspection, Repairs and Dealers. You'll need to scroll down to the section titled "What if the NYS inspection expires while my vehicle is in another state?"

I'm not sure of your exact situation, but if you want to pursue this further, call the phone number shown above.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

The cost will be about $400-500 plus, per vehicle, as mentioned in prior posts. Very expensive. BUT, your costs will be much lower in subsequent years, quite a bit lower than many other states, so it all equals out. And DO bring proof of residence, multiple I.D.s, etc. Check their website for acceptable documents because they aren't kidding around down there about proving who you are!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Tom, this didn't sound right to me as I had issued temporary inspection stickers many times when I was a Supervising MV Rep with the NYS DMV.

Being retired now for about 11 years I checked to see if this is still the case and found may be. I quote "If you must renew the registration before you get a NYS inspection, call 1-518-402-2111." from the departments website at NYS DMV - Vehicle Safety, Inspection, Repairs and Dealers. You'll need to scroll down to the section titled "What if the NYS inspection expires while my vehicle is in another state?"

I'm not sure of your exact situation, but if you want to pursue this further, call the phone number shown above.
Interesting. I'll look into this. I had sent my $99.50 to NYS Motor Vehicles and they returned it with a note the car must have a valid NYS inspection. My inspection expired in March of 2012. Registration expired March 2, 2013. We are not sure if we should bring the Mini back to NY or not. In the Villages we have two cars and two golf carts. Plenty of transportation. On Long Island all we have is my wifes other car. A bit of a hassle getting around. Especially with all the friend I have in the north. I also have some ex customers who want to have me work for them as a consultant.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Hey Tom, didn't know you had Mini,
I have my MIni since 2002. The car has only 54,000 miles and runs great. A perfect car for The Villages.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the replies and information. Anyone have any experience registering a motor home...? Colorado will probably be $1000 and I want to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf2008 View Post
Thanks for the replies and information. Anyone have any experience registering a motor home...? Colorado will probably be $1000 and I want to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!!
We registered our Tiffin 37' Allegro Bay Diesel motorhome last November and it was just under $500, or roughly the same price as registering a car.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Platinum member
Default When All Else Fails

Contact the source

Randy Mask - Sumter County Tax Collector
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.