Vehicle thefts/robberies...

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Default Vehicle thefts/robberies...

Well folks, I found out why no one could see the report in the paper of my truck and another car in the Villages last week.

The Villages Daily Sun chose not to run it. It seems they call the Sheriffs office daily and pick and choose what they want to put into print. It appears they choose to hide crimes they don't want out which might ruin their "reputation".

FYI, it appears it's not that uncommon. According to a deputy I spoke with this morning, groups of men come up here more often than you know and do this.

We don't hear about it because the paper doesn't report it!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

It their sand box...Sadly
Old 10-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Default Vehicle thefts/robberies...

"All the news that's fit to print" lol

Sorry about your truck.

A well informed populace is a well prepared populace. It's sad. Where's that sharpie?

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-07-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:32 AM

Admittedly, when we first bought here we were a bit kool aid tipsy. I still enjoy the high level of maintenance, but that's about it. As we've learned going forward there are many areas in Florida with the same level of upkeep but without the "Fort Apache" style demographic location.

George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Same old complaint about the Daily Sun. Yes, they don't print crime. We know.

I assume my car might be stolen or broken into everytime I walk away from it. I keep nothing in my car that someone might want to steal. No need for additional warnings.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbasser View Post
Well folks, I found out why no one could see the report in the paper of my truck and another car in the Villages last week.

The Villages Daily Sun chose not to run it. It seems they call the Sheriffs office daily and pick and choose what they want to put into print. It appears they choose to hide crimes they don't want out which might ruin their "reputation".

FYI, it appears it's not that uncommon. According to a deputy I spoke with this morning, groups of men come up here more often than you know and do this.

I see this is your first post. Can you please tell us exactly what happened, where, when?

I know of some ladies whose car windows were broken and valuables taken. Car was parked near polo field. This was a few months ago. A checkbook was in a purse stolen and checks forged.

They reported it, of course, but it was never in the paper.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:

I checked the online newspaper Villages News, (not affiliated with The Sun) and they usually print all the police reports. The last stories covered were a purse stolen from a car on August 30, and a woman who moved to TV a week earlier had her car stolen in July. They'll probably have your story in the near future. If you're not familiar with that newspaper, I can't post a link on TOTV for advertising reasons, but try this all together.

villages - news . com

I know you must be upset, I would myself. However, rather than bash the newspaper, help inform others of what happened. Was your car in the driveway, was it broken into or stolen? If it was stolen, how did they get it started? What village did this happen? Has your car been found? Has the perpetrator been caught?
Old 10-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Can you give us a description of the car--plate #--any unusual markings, etc?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:

Keys left in the truck?? Hotwired??? Master key??? Or fake news??
Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I see this is your first post. Can you please tell us exactly what happened, where, when?

I know of some ladies whose car windows were broken and valuables taken. Car was parked near polo field. This was a few months ago. A checkbook was in a purse stolen and checks forged.

They reported it, of course, but it was never in the paper.
Was the purse visible inside the car? I'm from NY and I would never leave anything of value visible inside my car. Actually, I don't leave anything visible inside my car.....not even a Publix bag with a box of cereal in it.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

This is a great place, but nothing is perfect sorry to say.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
Admittedly, when we first bought here we were a bit kool aid tipsy. I still enjoy the high level of maintenance, but that's about it. As we've learned going forward there are many areas in Florida with the same level of upkeep but without the "Fort Apache" style demographic location.

George Orwell
Old 10-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Unfortunately there are a__holes everywhere. Leave nothing in sight and locked up you will probably be fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
choose, villages, daily, report, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.