vendors

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Veteran member
Default vendors

what happen to all the vendors up at the square , I use to like to walk around and see all the vendors , but now how many are left 12 ??? just not worth my time to go up to the squares any more , and I got lots of time.... I hope.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Platinum member

It might just be the time of year that many of the vendors are taking a week or two off for the holidays which would be surprising because this is their busy time of the year. Having said that and having experience at the square until recently, it also may be because of increasing rules and regulations along with management not allowing new vendors to fill vacant spots when vendors leave.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Seems pretty crowded with vendors to me at least at LSL (many more than over the summer). My gripe is that it has been the very same ones night after night after night for the year that we have been here so far with very few exceptions. My gripe is it's just boring and blocks off a lot of parking spots. I can probably list them all in the order they are "stationed" by now. It does however make for a nice "atmosphere". They need some food vendors like they have during the various events...... at least a pretzel guy !!!!!! But of course that would cause the restaurants to be upset.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

SOSO nothing new to see I avoid those days
Old 12-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I haven't been to a vendor night at LSL in over a year, I go on nights and to which square all depending on the band. In many cases I go to Brownwood and they have no vendors. So I might be wrong, but the last time I was at LSL the Vienamese fellow who sold suitcases on the end across from City Fire wasn't there, and I was told he had died. He had a pretty big and lively spot.

I think the only ones that has a steady stream is "Signs by Jackie" they'll be selling yardsigns as long as they keep selling new houses. The pickleball stand seems to do well, and letting customers borrow one before purchasing is a good idea. They're maybe some other stands that do well, the sports license plates and accessories seems busy, and the hat stand probably does good, a lot of people like to wear their branch of service.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 PM

lol, i've tried to get into any square as a vendor and they tell me they are full! You think being an owner here they would let you get into a few once in awhile. go figure
Old 01-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korenakorena View Post
lol, i've tried to get into any square as a vendor and they tell me they are full! You think being an owner here they would let you get into a few once in awhile. go figure
Most vendors are not residents here in The Villages. About the easiest way of getting to be a vendor in any of the squares is to buy an existing vendor's business and take over their spot, and even then, you need the Entertainment Department's approval. The Entertainment Department has many, many rules and regulations concerning the products or services you offer. For instance, you cannot sell or compete with any products or services the brick and mortar businesses around the squares offer. Good luck on becoming a vendor.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Sage

Same vendors, same stuff. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

All Vendor's night does is tick me off because they eliminate half the parking and it is the same old stuff. I would think the stores would complain because many of us are reluctant to go to the squares on vendor's night. It’s a long walk from the outlying parking areas at some of the squares. One night a week would be sufficient, not twice a week at SS and LSL.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Same vendors, same stuff. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do the same dance with the stores and restaurants; just mainly more of the same. Why would anyone think that they would do it differently with the stands?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korenakorena View Post
Most of the issue has to do with what you are selling.
If you sell items that a number of other vendors are selling, you're probably just out of luck.
You also have to "pass the test" and show them your things; they pass on things that lack quality.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Most of the issue has to do with what you are selling.
If you sell items that a number of other vendors are selling, you're probably just out of luck.
You also have to "pass the test" and show them your things; they pass on things that lack quality.
As a previous vendor, I agree with you to a point. But the 1st step to "pass the test" is entirely up to one man's opinion, not "them".
Old 01-18-2018, 01:40 PM

hummmm, they never asked me to "show my stuff" LOL
Old 01-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Sage

When we were newbie's we went to the sq on mkt nights, now its a place to avoid on those nights, especially because of limited parking
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I haven't been to a vendor night at LSL in over a year, I go on nights and to which square all depending on the band. In many cases I go to Brownwood and they have no vendors. So I might be wrong, but the last time I was at LSL the Vienamese fellow who sold suitcases on the end across from City Fire wasn't there, and I was told he had died. He had a pretty big and lively spot.

I think the only ones that has a steady stream is "Signs by Jackie" they'll be selling yardsigns as long as they keep selling new houses. The pickleball stand seems to do well, and letting customers borrow one before purchasing is a good idea. They're maybe some other stands that do well, the sports license plates and accessories seems busy, and the hat stand probably does good, a lot of people like to wear their branch of service.
Danny the suitcase vendor sadly passed, I believe it was from cancer.

Last edited by Kerry Azz; 01-18-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
vendors, time, worth, hope, lots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.